The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car bogs when in 1st gear.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Car bogs when in 1st gear.

When the car is at the 'C' mark on the temp, the car bogs down really bad in 1st gear. I have to stand on the throttle to even do 25mph. After about 100 feet or so it's fine . It only does this when the car is cold. Help please, and I did search.
    Light em up.

if its on "C" when u leave ur house or where ever and it bogs the car is sayin "hey asshole, i need to be warmed up before we venture out into the world" all in all its not a wise decision to start the car up and just take off...u should how most ppl do is warm your car up first before u leave for the day :)

It's just weird that is never did this before, and this is after i drive for a few minutes through the parking lot, its just when i get on the road and try to pick up speed.
    Light em up.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    well the car being cold doesnt help anything but even when it first gets moving everyting is trying to warm up... our trannies shift sooner when cold so maybe it wants to shift but you are on the accelerator too hard and it has to pick back up seeming like its bogging when all its trying to do is warm up
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

TGC Regular
    Simple way to fix it becasue My car does the exact same thing... Let it warm all the way to running temp in the morning. Auto tranys suck when they are cold. Its a really good way to break shit driving your car whenn it first starts up. Seriously its easy just go out and turn it on 15 mins b4 you have to leave.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    once the needle starts to move is good. I know you are not suppose to run idle too long in new cars, you just start and go but dont go over 3k rpms while driving.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678