The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gauge problem

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    TurboGalant

Gauge problem

So I put indiglo gauges on and now none of the needles work. The tac has not worked for a while, but I sure could use the speedo.

Any ideas?

Right now I am thinking of taking it to the dealer, since the tac was giving me problems already.

did you glue down the indiglos to the old gauges>? if not then thats probably your problem.. they are sticking up and not letting the needle move back and forth. if you did glue them you might also want to check that you glued it very well and its not hitting anywhere (especiallly in the center, the black part) you might also want to try pulling out the needles a little bit. this works with the gas and temp gauges i'm not sure if it'll work with the speedometer and tach, you might want to get a second opinion on that before you try it.
    95 Galant S ~> 5 Speed Manual

IllestGalant
    i had the same problem but it turned out i just pushed them on to hard.

sleepagalant
    Hey Nyr0283 u can pull up on the needles on them and they will still work
    i installed my indiglos and my fuel and temp gauge aint moving .... so is that all i have to do???

Moosh
    Yes, do not insert the needles all the way into the gauge cluster. Leave it out some so that it makes NO contact with the overlays, so it wont get stuck.

sleepagalant
    ok thanks man i will try that
    kind of scary driving not knowing if the car is overheating
    will try to fix it tomorrow

yup.. i knwo you can pull those two out without a problem cus thats what i did to fix mine (thanks to initial Ghustler 95 and others.)... but like i said i dunno if you can pull out the speedometer and the tach... i didnt try and i wouldnt want to mess around with those so i just glued the indiglos down pretty well and made sure there's no contact.
    95 Galant S ~> 5 Speed Manual

TurboGalant
    Yep, that is what it turned out to be. Ended up putting in a spare gauge cluster and it was working (my Tac just does not work - has not for some time).

What kind of glue did you use and how long will I need to let it dry?

Thanks for the help.

Richmond

i used crazy glue