The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Heating Issues

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    BAFranks

Heating Issues

I'm convinced that my husband's 'beloved' car, Bethelsba (which by the way, whats up with naming cars?)hates me. It's not like its snowing here, but my car is frozen in the morning and the heater stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

Here's the problem: A couple months, ago whenever the car started and whenever I moved the temperature dial, it would click before locking into the cold or hot position. One day the clicking stopped, and so did the heater. My husband already ran a flush through the hoses and it helped for a few days but the problem is back. I read in the owner's manual that if it was a heater core issue I would have a considerable amount of water on the floor board. There is no water on the floor board so I'm assuming its not the heater core. What else could it possibly be?? Anyone else have this problem?

are the dials still connected?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

The clicking before it stops working is usually a sign of the heater actuator. I had the same problem but before it conked out completely, I replaced it and it's great now. There's another thread with a similar problem here, I'll look for the part number and let you know if you need. -

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...eater+actuator

Edit: Found the Mitsubishi part number, it's MR958603 and if you want to look at it -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Galan...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by tamim13; 01-28-2009 at 01:10 PM

BAFranks

Great!

I'll have my hubby take a look at that...he's heard its an 8 hour+ job just for the dash...but the wifey is coooold!

Happy wife = Happy life.

By the way, love the orange peel guy...too cute!

BAFranks
    Connected to what? Is it cable driven or gear driven?

No, it's not an 8 hour job. It's about a 2 hour job. You have to remove the lower dash, and if you remove the passenger air bag, if your steady with your hands, you can remove it through the airbag hole. Just use a magnetic screw driver to prevent dropping any screws in there. It's just on the left of the airbag hole.

i didnt have to take out the airbag when i done mine yesterday. after you take out the lower dash its all the way to the left by the center console and at the top its really awkward to get to but i would say 1 to 2 hour job