The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dual exhaust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    It looks good, but I'm curious about the possible loss in performance. With big piping like that you are probably losing some compression. The way to do it on a V6 is to run piping from each bank of the engine to each muffler, that way one muffler is connected to one bank and the other muffler to the other bank. Plus you would want to go with smaller piping.

The first pic the pipe looks kinda low anyone else notice that??
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wintergalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>The first pic the pipe looks kinda low anyone else notice that??</div>

Actually right there is ok the majority of the time. Think Camry. It's located right where the rear crossmember is, so that if he goes over a speed bump it's cool. But if he happens to cruise over say, a coke can it'll probably get knocked over by his exhaust.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

i cant drop!!! :cry: the performance i would say has improved but danj i would say that if i could which i dont think so, sent pipin from motor to each muffler smaller piping, it would get mroe performance!!!
    Diego

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>i cant drop!!! :cry: Â* Â*the performance i would say has improved but danj i would say that if i could which i dont think so, sent pipin from motor to each muffler smaller piping, it would get mroe performance!!!</div>

Well, that's good. Atleast you get some performance. I would not try that on an I4 though. An I4 with dual exhaust like that would most definitely lose some compression, atleast in the low end, but probably all through the power band.

hey DANJ
    if u think bout it... well this how i see it.. if you put a smaller tube for the exhausts, the noise will come out ricer.. atleast for 4 cylinders.... its like the silencer on my cuz civic hb wit a lsvtec motor that beats 5.0 mustangs... no joke... but anyways hes got a bomb muffler that sounds really low pitch but once the silencer goes in it sounds RICE LIKE A MOTHAF*&$ so yea i put the silencer on this one and dont make much diference just shuts up some...
    Diego

that's sweet looking. i always wanted to do that to mine, but dual exhaust on a 4 cyl. is a MAJOR rice citation.

i'm curious to how even your exhaust runs. put your hands in front of each muffler and you can tell if they are even. they should puff out the same amount on each one. i do that on my 5.0....of course, mustangs come with true duals, but it would be sweet if yours runs even. that means the backpresure gets expelled evenly.

im kinda pissed at the people that put mine because i told them to do it another way that would send more compression and more noise out the other exhaust.. right one but the guy was bein a fag and sayin that the piping wouldnt work liek that! :evil:
    Diego

Galantv600, did you lose any power because you split it at the rear of the car??? I met this guy in Linden, NJ who also put a dual exhaust on his car, but he gained horsepower. The difference is that he has a Y-Pipe on his. His is split from the catalytic converter back. He in on the site. His name is DIRTY.

I was just curious, because i might do the same

00GTZ00
    Were did you buy the aftermarket rear skirt to be abler to fit the 2nd muffler? Or did you cut the rear bumper? stock we only have 1 hole on the left side..

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GTZ00
    Were did you buy the aftermarket rear skirt to be abler to fit the 2nd muffler? Or did you cut the rear bumper? stock we only have 1 hole on the left side..
    He cut it himself. Nice job I must say.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxsius
    Quote Originally Posted by 00GTZ00
    He cut it himself. Nice job I must say.
    yea i cut it out myself... and i would say ive gained performance.. or atleast the noise it makes makes me think i did! but i wanna get it dynoed but i cant find anywhere in my town... so im gonna have to lok in Houston or Conroe area..
    Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    It looks good, but I'm curious about the possible loss in performance. With big piping like that you are probably losing some compression. The way to do it on a V6 is to run piping from each bank of the engine to each muffler, that way one muffler is connected to one bank and the other muffler to the other bank. Plus you would want to go with smaller piping.
    Im sure thats why one of the 1st tricked out G here in Vegas that did a dual exhaust only made the second one as a display
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12