The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake Calipers Black to Beige Metallic!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    MaxedOut97Maxima

Brake Calipers Black to Beige Metallic!

My calipers were black but after seeing the Nissan 350Z Track Edition w/the Gold Brembo calipers I decided to paint my calipers body color my car is Pebble Beige Metallic. Here are the pics!

Black...
    http://www.nissanx.net/gall/alb/Pics-Mods/...2_001.sized.jpg

Pebble Beige Metallic!

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/2...11_110_full.jpg

TGC Regular
    heh i just saw a z in the parking lot yesterday and was starin at the calipers as well as the rest of the car .i like how they came out they look nice
    - Atba

It looks good. I'm kind of sorry I didn't paint mine Bodega Beige Metallic to match my car. I'm not sure how to even go about taking off the paint I have on there now. It's the brush on G2 paint and it's on there real good.

What kind of paint was the black paint you used and did you take it off or just paint over it?

MaxedOut97Maxima
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    It looks good. I'm kind of sorry I didn't paint mine Bodega Beige Metallic to match my car. I'm not sure how to even go about taking off the paint I have on there now. It's the brush on G2 paint and it's on there real good.

What kind of paint was the black paint you used and did you take it off or just paint over it?

I used regular spray paint....and I just painted over it

Brake Cleaner should take it right off. It eats right through it.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Nice.
    -Pedro

looks good
    heres mine I painted them aluminum...matches my car color pretty well
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Makaveli)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brake Cleaner should take it right off. Â*It eats right through it.</div>

That's just it, it doesn't. I don't know what's in the G2 paint I used, but when I put my 18's on for the spring, I cleaned my brakes and rotors up with brake cleaner and nothing happened to the paint on the calipers. It felt like the paint started to get a little tacky, but that's it. I'm afraid if I paint over it with spray paint that there might be some kind of chemical reaction.

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Makaveli)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brake Cleaner should take it right off. Â*It eats right through it.</div>

is that for any paint

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Makaveli)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brake Cleaner should take it right off. Â*It eats right through it.</div>

That's just it, it doesn't. I don't know what's in the G2 paint I used, but when I put my 18's on for the spring, I cleaned my brakes and rotors up with brake cleaner and nothing happened to the paint on the calipers. It felt like the paint started to get a little tacky, but that's it. I'm afraid if I paint over it with spray paint that there might be some kind of chemical reaction.</div>

my brakes are like that too. and i just use regular engine enamel. you have to use alot of brake cleaner and some kinda abrasive pad to get the paint off. unless u have the paint caked on already, its ok just to put a fresh coat over the top of the paint. just make sure ur painting on a smooth surface or ur paint job won't look smooth.

sandpaper works great too. just not when the paint is tacky or wet.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Bilko
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    Brake Cleaner should take it right off. It eats right through it.
    is that for any paint
    I thought it was. Something I read about on the board somewhere and it stayed. I have never tried it and what David is saying it doesn't work for him so I don't know.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

M2kEclipseRS
    Get some caliper stickers people! There is a sticky on the top of this forum section. These will definitely enhance the look of the painted calipers even more. People's eyes will be drawn to your calipers more.
    -Jason
    JVD Graphics