The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 98 galant es dash kit

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    spdrcr5

98 galant es dash kit

I just got a '98 ES and it came with the woodgrain dash kit. It was nice for the first week or so, but I have become very tired of it. I was wondering if anyone had any links to ones i can buy, or ideas on how to fix it myself. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Here

and

Here

or u could paint it urself, either way
    7g for life!

illLant98es
    i would go with a carbon fiber look i got the wood grain in my 98 es and its starting to look ugly to me, but alot of people say it looks really nice.

spdrcr5
    Well, my Galant has the dark blue/grey interior. I was thinking of making my dash/gauges all white/blue. Would that look good? Has anyone ever seen a white dash in a Galant? I just dont want to buy something and see that it looks like poo. Anyone have any ideas on what color scheme I should go with to match a blue/grey interior?

NYchulo3
    I have seen someone who painted their dash trim white, it looked really good. And being that blue and white are my favorite colors, i think it would look TIGHT!!!! Please show pics when u done...

jeagles51

Interior

I painted mine with Rustoleum spray paint, primed it first, then clear coat. Looks hell of alot better!

IllestGalant
    take the wood off and spray paint all the trims... throw in some white gauges too

woodgrain trim

If anyone is interested in swapping their woodgrain console/shiftgate trim for the simpler (and sportier) flat back trim please let me know.. (also it would probably be simpler to paint the flat black plastic trim as opposed to the woodgrain).. would prefer if you're in the NYC/NJ metro area, so we could do the swap in a jiffy..

jreezee

dash paint

I just painted all my dash trim. I re did everything in paint that changes from red to blue as u move your head. Its pretty tight. I got alot of compliments. My guage bezel is flat black with silver EL guages. Its tight though.

Experienced TGC Member

Re: dash paint

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jreezee)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just painted all my dash trim. I re did everything in paint that changes from red to blue as u move your head. Its pretty tight. I got alot of compliments. My guage bezel is flat black with silver EL guages. Its tight though.</div>

That sounds terrible!! How could you do that to your car?! :laughing:

I just did mine the same but it changes from silver to a really dark green.. I did this mainly because my old CF dash kit was starting to peel all over the place, I think it may be the cold weather or the moisture. Either way, I'm not convinced I love my new trim... but no one has seen it yet except my wife and she thinks it's "neat"

jreezee will see it soon at our Alaska Chapter Meet later this month
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>