The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: racer design coilover question

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

racer design coilover question

whats up guys... this question goes to all of you guys who have the racer design coilovers cuz i jus got them and i gotta question... i took a picture of the coilovers on the rear shock and the front strut... can you guys click on my www and check the pic out... cuz the front strut bothers me alil... it doesnt rest at the very bottom of the strut... maybe you guys know better then i do... there kyb struts... check out th epic and give me some info if something looks wrong... peace
    anthony

When I got my KYB's I had to grind down the metal "washer" towards the bottom of the strut so the sleeve would go all the way down.

By the way where you get those coilovers and how much you pay?
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

You may have to grind that washer down like everybody else had to with coilovers on KYB AGX's.

But, check this out - Click here for an installation guide for the 00+ Eclipse which is the same as the 8G Galants. Notice on the page that it says, "** 00+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. If the sleeve does not go lower, take the metal ring between the shaft and the spring perch off."

Let us know how these work out, are you the first to have them?

-Mohammad

ill let ya know
    anthony

we'll guys i put them on... after 4 hours they're finally on... the front coils went on without a problem... but the rears were horrible.. the actual sleeve was way to long so the shop i go too had to cut the sleeve in half in order for the shock to be able to compress and retract... but we finally got them on and i set it to a 2 inch drop in the front 1inch in the rear... the ride is ofcourse bumpy but its expected... i have the kybz on settin 1 in the front and 2 in the rear... hopefully the springs will settle alil so it should drop another 1/4 inch... word of advise though... if u are thinking of buying these coilovers... make sure u dont make the same mistake i did... order the coils for the galant not the eclipse... thank got my shop is nasty at wat they do.. ill post pics 2morrow once my babyz clean.. peace
    anthony

Experienced TGC Member
    May I ask why you lowered the back further than the front?

From what I know of the 8g (a little) the back is already lower than the front.. :? Just curious because useally it's the other way around.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

gwf
    how did you end up putting the rear struts/springs together? any pictures yet?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>May I ask why you lowered the back further than the front?

From what I know of the 8g (a little) the back is already lower than the front.. Â*:? Just curious because useally it's the other way around.</div>

In his post he said that he lowered the front 2" and the rear 1", so you were probably reading where he said what stiffness settings his AGX's were on.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antmoneygtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>we'll guys i put them on... after 4 hours they're finally on... the front coils went on without a problem... but the rears were horrible.. the actual sleeve was way to long so the shop i go too had to cut the sleeve in half in order for the shock to be able to compress and retract... but we finally got them on and i set it to a 2 inch drop in the front 1inch in the rear... the ride is ofcourse bumpy but its expected... i have the kybz on settin 1 in the front and 2 in the rear... hopefully the springs will settle alil so it should drop another 1/4 inch... word of advise though... if u are thinking of buying these coilovers... make sure u dont make the same mistake i did... order the coils for the galant not the eclipse... thank got my shop is nasty at wat they do.. ill post pics 2morrow once my babyz clean.. peace</div>

Yo man, if the coilovers didn't fit for you, it will be that way for all Eclipses and Galants. Remember, you have the AGX's which are made specifically for the Eclipse and you are using coilovers for the Eclipse. Therefore, you shouldn't have any problems. Believe me, the coilovers sold for the Galant are exactly the same for the Eclipse.

we'll then i'd advise all of u not to purchase the racer design coilovers unless u want to cut the sleeves for the rear shox in half
    anthony

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    May I ask why you lowered the back further than the front?

From what I know of the 8g (a little) the back is already lower than the front.. :? Just curious because useally it's the other way around.
    In his post he said that he lowered the front 2" and the rear 1", so you were probably reading where he said what stiffness settings his AGX's were on.
    You right Dave, my bad :oops:
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>