The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Warning long post! Brakes help please!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    heres a pic of the tabs and they Should already be on the pads machine riveted on, this is just a general brake pad i got on-line but thats how its on the pad

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boochieboy View Post
    You're talking about the wearever semi-metallics right?
    Yep if i remeber correctly there where 10 or 20 dollars at autozone with lifetime warranty take them back you should still be able to get ur money back if u just bought them u can still use ur old pads if they still have life just for the mean time till u get better pads

I have the Axxis And R1 combo the braking power is alot better
    Last edited by jimmy_o2; 04-18-2009 at 12:54 PM
    03 I4

axxis pads yeap those are one of the better pads and worth the money i alternate pads depending on what i feel like but i usually get Porterfields or some EBC, but EBC greens have a certain i dunno how you say it but if you run someone and decide to brake really hard after the run u can smell the pads, smells like babypowder sort of haha, just my 2 cents on pads i normally use on the 3g and Rx7

Quote Originally Posted by g-ridda View Post
    if your las set of rotors were warped then the old pads will warp the new set quick those wear tabs should already be on the pads and once again it has nothin to do with your problem why are you making this so difficult????get different pads or deal with the heat
    I'm not making things difficult,,,,first of all,,,,the wear tabs are NOT on the pads,,,they came completely separate from the pads,,,and if I don't know about something then I'm going to ask(isn't that what these forums are for?). I also just asked about re-using the old pads because it's kind of hard to afford shit when you just got laid off and have no money.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMitsubishi View Post
    heres a pic of the tabs and they Should already be on the pads machine riveted on, this is just a general brake pad i got on-line but thats how its on the pad
    Ok, thanks for the pic,,,now I know:)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    Yep if i remeber correctly there where 10 or 20 dollars at autozone with lifetime warranty take them back you should still be able to get ur money back if u just bought them u can still use ur old pads if they still have life just for the mean time till u get better pads

I have the Axxis And R1 combo the braking power is alot better
    Yeah, I got them at Advance,,,I think they were like 21 dollars. I'm going to try and return them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMitsubishi View Post
    axxis pads yeap those are one of the better pads and worth the money i alternate pads depending on what i feel like but i usually get Porterfields or some EBC, but EBC greens have a certain i dunno how you say it but if you run someone and decide to brake really hard after the run u can smell the pads, smells like babypowder sort of haha, just my 2 cents on pads i normally use on the 3g and Rx7
    Thanks for the suggestions and info on those pads. Right now I'm probably going to try and get a set of Duralast Gold Ceramics from AutoZone,,,,just because I can get them right away and don't have to order them online.

no dont get those stay away from autozone pads
    03 I4

no dont get those stay away from autozone pads
    What would you suggest then? I need brake pads NOW!

If you need something now I havent had any issues with Monroe, but I would really just order some axxis and call it a day

ill tell u this anything is better then autozone pads

the store u whent 2 should have dif brands if not then go to a dif store pepboys sell some cheap pads and there not that bad
    03 I4

napa
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    If you need something now I havent had any issues with Monroe, but I would really just order some axxis and call it a day
    Thanks for the info.

ill tell u this anything is better then autozone pads

the store u whent 2 should have dif brands if not then go to a dif store pepboys sell some cheap pads and there not that bad
    Advance only has Wearever and I think wagner. What's so bad about Duralast's?

Quote Originally Posted by g-ridda View Post
    napa
    Sucks for me,,,there's no NAPA stores anywhere around here,,,all we got is Advance, AutoZone,Firestone,,,we don't even have a Pepboys!

then go to firestone
    03 I4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12