The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dont even know what to do

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

dont even know what to do

okay guys i need help..i took my galant to the border this weekend cuz i needed to go to the dentist..long sory short over their my thermostat starts goin crazy..it went up and the only way i could bring it down was with the a/c on..now i got back today went to work,got outta work start driving everything is normal..i hit about 55 and all of a sudden i just see smoke comin outta the hood..i was shbittin bricks,,i coukdnt find my camera to take pics of where the smoke is coming from but its by were the radiator fans are.their a hole their which i think holds a o2 sensor..anyways u guys have any idea on what it could be??..thanx in advance guys i appreciate it

Experienced TGC Member
    Look at the top of the radiator for a crack or coolant leaking out. Also check your hoses and see if they are cracked or leaking past the hose clamps.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

its not cracked from the top..imma check my hoses right now..thanks

How about going to a mechanic and having it checked out??
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    and theres no o2 sensor on the rad fans...if you mean theres a hole in the exhaust piping, something is supposed to be there...do you have any check lights? if your not sure what your doing i suggest you follow gooseys idea

The first thing you should have done was check the coolant. Sounds like you don't really know what you are doing under the hood (no offense), but yeah, at this point, its time to go to a mechanic.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    +1

Also turning your A/c on shouldnt bring your temps down unless the radiator fan wasnt turning on and when you engaged the a/c it turned the a/c fan on, which helped cool the radiator as well, which is unlikely. Normally to lower your temps you would turn the heat on high as that would lower the coolant temp.

Take some pics under the hood of where this smoke is coming from, it doesnt make sense that it would only smoke above 55mph. What smoke is typically burning coolant either from burning up coming from a blown headgasket, crack in a radiator or hose and or spilling from the overflow onto a hot exhaust manifold/pipe and steaming off.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

my mechanic wasnt open till 9 and i took it to him,,said it was one of the gaskets,thermostat housing one i believe .thanks guys i appreciate it..lol i wouldnt even touch my car under the hood im trying to learn but most of the time im lost lol

thats what the mechanics are for
    go ahead and stimulate our economy
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................