The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The G died

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    anyone know? i need this fixed soon

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

just found out the engine control fuse was blown also replaced it and still nothin

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

if ur getting no spark then check ur packs at auto zone to c if there good.go from there.form what ur saying looks like u can cancel out timing belt issue.

yeah but it's not getting fuel either. and the way it stalled didn't seem like coil packs.

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

i got it running seems to have a ticking noise i cant figure out where its coming from
    this is what it sounds like
    at idle

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

I have the same type of ticking noise. its fucking infuriating listening to it because I dont know how to fix it.

Did you pull off the crankshaft sensor?
    Because it could have broke on the bottom side which any way you look at it you wont see unless you pull the two bolts off and look at the under side. Mine snapped of on the under side of it. I would have never knew unless i pulled it off to look at it.

It could be your fuel pump, but with you having no spark it sounds more like a crankshaft sensor. Hook up a computer reader to your car, and see if any error codes were stored. If it is the crankshaft position sensor then your cars computer would have picked it up and stored it. I know you can rent them for free from autozone, the only catch is the deposit is a 100% refundable $150.00 bucks.

well i got spark and fuel now after replacing the engine control fuse but now its ticking and i took of the CPS and it looked fine

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

I have the same kind of ticking. The only thing is you cant hear the ticking on mine until the hood is closed then it is amplified and then i hear it. Mine does go away with higher RPM's though.

I have a question though, Does anyone know if the lifters are oil pressure filled on our 8G's???????

It sounds like you have a valve hitting the pistons just a little bit.
    Or a lifter could be bad. Which is causing some slack between lifter rocker and valve.

And sorry about the other post I didnt go to the second page, seeing that you got it started.
    Last edited by 01blackG; 04-19-2009 at 06:01 PM Reason: miss spelling

it sounds like it is under the valve cover but the ticking gets louder the higher i rev im also getting a high idle of 1.5k

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

its lifter tick you could have adjusted that while the valve cover was off and you should have replaced the tbelt while you had everything apart.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

the belt looked like it was replace not to long ago it was in good shape ive only had the car for about 10k miles also i dont have the money right now to do that just to get it running normal again.

i was on my way home jjust a little bit ago and it started acting up bad so i popped the hood looked around and wiggled the tps and it started to rev so i got home looked at the tps and found out one of the wires was pretty much out.

so im thinking that the tps wire shorted out and blew the engine control fuse.
    as for the tick its gotten better since earlier but its still there
    now im getting a gurgling noise from under the valve cover along with an idle at 1.2k
    after putting the tps back in i disconnected the battery for 5min and pluged it back in and let it idle for like 5min still idles at 1.2k but doesnt seem to be acting as bad
    i just dont get it

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

the engine control fuse blew on me again now everytime i replace it it blows again.
    gotta be a short?
    i was having
    jumpy/high idle
    rough idle
    no CEL light

could it be a faulty tps thats shorting out?

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12