The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick valve spring question???

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar

Quick valve spring question???

Hey guys just a quick question if anybody could be some help...well this one guy sent me the wrong springs for my head and didn't have enough lift to them for the cam that I am using, so I have to return them back to him and get new springs. I was talking to my mechanic and he said that I could use Manley Valve Springs, but the thing is that the springs are for a 2.0l Mitsubishi motor head. Im thinking that they will fit, and the retainers that goes with them but I wanna double check and come across with you guys if anybody knows and can be some help.

Also just one more thing, Im not sure if anybody built there own motor but Im about to put the oil pump, water pump and the bolts on the motor as soon as my head is done. What parts did you guys reuse...like the oil timing gears, and as for the head can I reuse some parts...I was just looking to change the springs obviously, retainers and valve locks from Manley, and OEM lifters. If there is anything else I would need to change please let me know thank you guys.

I'd reuse everything that can ware out like oil pump, water pump, idle tensioners, hyndrolic tensioner. reuse everything else. you can also do all of that without the cyl head.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    I'd reuse everything that can ware out like oil pump, water pump, idle tensioners, hyndrolic tensioner. reuse everything else. you can also do all of that without the cyl head.
    Thanx alot Roman