The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hooking up subs.

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

hooking up subs.

me and my boy were wondering if we could hook a two tens up to the factory infinity amp thats under the seat in my gtz.

you could but it wouldnt push them very well. the amp isnt that strong

true I wasnt sure and I didn't want to fuck anything up by doing that.

i believe the ohm would be wrong also so you wouldnt be getting any watts to the subs. i'm not sure what the ohm rating of the factory amp or the ohm rating of your subs but i'm pretty sure its wrong

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    dont try it.. jsut leave it at that n buy an amp... now if you have a factory headunit you can catch your speaker leads for a inline converter under the seat at the amp but you dont want to power ANYTHING aftermarket off of a stock amp..

I'm not sure if this is correct but the amp under the seat i believe is a 220 watt at 8 ohms? correct me if im wrong...but either way that will definately not push two tens well, i have 2000 whats @ 2 ohms on my kicker l7 10's

not worth the time and money it would take to make it sound like anything just get another amp and call it a day

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    If you used the amp under the seat, your interior speakers would have to be re-wired.. Just get another amp..

Yeah its a factory amp Bypass, you literally cut all the speaker wires going into your stock amp, so your A/M powers them instead. dont ask me how to do it either

~GABE

PS: jeff nice avatar

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    metra offers a bypass harness if your doing aftermarket speakers.. they also offer a amb intergration harness if your doing jsut aftermarket hu but keeping factory speakers...

- If your doing subs you do not want to hook the sub up to the stock amp. You will need to buy an aftermarket amp for those.
    -If you are going to be putting in an aftermarket radio in, it is recommended to bypass the stock amp. for best results.
    -If your going to be installing aftermarket speakers but keeping the stock radio, then keep the stock amp hooked up and just swap the speakers.

What it really boils down to is that the stock amp is pretty much only for the set up that is factory installed. Other then the option of swapping speakers.

ATLpromotional
    i think you'd be a lot better off just getting a new amp.
    i picked up a Kenwood 1000w amp and a JBL sub for $145 all together, perfect condition too.
    i wouldn't mess with the stock amp. even if you managed to get it to work with the sub, it wouldn't push it at all.