The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo X wheel fitment?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Evo X wheel fitment?

Obviously the X wheels will bolt onto the galant, I was wondering what the widest set of tires would be that I could run, I came across a smoking deal on some black GSR wheels and I want to pic them up to replace my IX wheels. I know 9G has the MR BBS on his 8G, I just dunno what size tire to run.
    I know the X wheels are 18x8.5" +38
    The IX wheels I'm currently running are 17x8 + 38 and I'm running 235's all around, I was wondering if I'd be able to stick with 235s on the X wheels.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Travis' (00Galanguy) enkeis are 18x8.5 with a +35 offset and he is running 225/45/18 and he is barely rubbing on Tein S-techs. although he is not fender rolled nor is he running a big amount of camber.

you should be able to run 235/40's but you would probably want to roll or fold the rear quarter panels.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

well my front's are rolled and my rears are cut so I think I'll be ok with that sense

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    well my front's are rolled and my rears are cut so I think I'll be ok with that sense
    you should be ok then, especially since you're on coilovers, you wont sag as much cuz of the spring rate so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Seeing as the offset is the same I would imagine that you would be fine. Height wise may be a little different, but still should fit. Good luck bro cant wait to see the end result

Banned
    They'll fit... stock Evo X wheels aren't aggressive at all, much to my dissatisfaction :(

Banned
    Want me to check? I can if you're nice...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    225/40/18

i don't rub when the wheels are straight but at full turn i rub something inside. probably the plastics under the fender.

Banned
    Standard size for the X is 245/40R18

^TJ, it would be fantastic if you could check on your galant, I'm not really worried about rubbing on the fenders, I'm more worried about rubbing on the plastic fender liners, cuz the ones I'm buying come with the stock X tires, and I kinda wanna run those for a while if at all possible

Banned
    Well if it stops raining tomorrow after work, I'll see what I can do.

drop to 225's

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Travis' (00Galanguy) enkeis are 18x8.5 with a +35 offset and he is running 225/45/18 and he is barely rubbing on Tein S-techs. although he is not fender rolled nor is he running a big amount of camber.

you should be able to run 235/40's but you would probably want to roll or fold the rear quarter panels.
    Actually lol. Rear fenders are rolled and im rubbing a decent amount. And I am on progress with gr2's

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    Actually lol. Rear fenders are rolled and im rubbing a decent amount. And I am on progress with gr2's
    oh shit. really?? I stand corrected then.