The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Astigs projectors?

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    Alister_McRae

Astigs projectors?

Just wondering how Astig made his custom projector headlights? I want to make some for my car like the ones for the jspecs, but i dont wanna spend 3g's on headlights Does anyone know who does this kinda work?

escoson
    im not sure but i would ask him to see if he could do it for you since his came out real nice

8ggalant

headlights

im pretty sure theres a tutorial...check the site homepage under tutorials

Alister_McRae
    Hey you know what guys, i just remembered that since im gonna buy a body kit, i need the JDM's to fill out the gap as soon as okinawafan comes back into commision anyways, so looks like a no no for me...

TGC Regular
    or you can just get someone who knows how to fiberglass to fill in the gap as another option.
    - Atba

if you want yours done let email me so we can discuss the details. I've been thinking about offering my services, but I wasnt sure anyone will put down the $$$ for this mod.

Parts and other materials would run about $325-350. that doesnt include the headlight housing yet. then my labor fee of $200/pair. :shock: :shock:

let me know if any of you guys are interested. I will be on vacation in orlando from the 21st to the 27th of may. so I can start doing this in june. it'll take about a week to do this.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Alister_McRae
    Hey ASTIG, that sounds like a heck of a plan to me, but i got a question for ya, you make the housing from scratch right? Could it be possible if i were to let you create my projectors create it at the same dimensions as the Jdm's or do you recommened just filling the gap with fiberglass like ghostbeat said?

Quote Originally Posted by Alister_McRae
    Hey ASTIG, that sounds like a heck of a plan to me, but i got a question for ya, you make the housing from scratch right? Could it be possible if i were to let you create my projectors create it at the same dimensions as the Jdm's or do you recommened just filling the gap with fiberglass like ghostbeat said?
    I dont make the housings from scratch. I use the original headlights.

A good bodyshop can modify the kit to fill in the gap by adding fiberglass.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Alister_McRae
    Well since im gonne be startin my new job in a few days, let me sit on this for a while, and get back to ya to see if i will go through with it, but so far, i like your work on the montero, so i might just consider it..

8ggalant

hell yea

hell yea dollar 4 dollar thats a good ass deal compared 2 jdms....1 prob...im broke ass hell haha....hopefully ull still be up 4 it buy the tyme i get my sec job

ewgiii

Projector Headlights

so how much total will JDM's cost me? I had been hoping you would do somthing like this, Astig. I didn't know that would be the price, though. But the more i look at it, the more i'm considering it. The only problem, is there will be no time this summer when i could go a week without my car. If you could, please give me your information. I live in North Carolina, and i'll be working in Atlanta this summer. Once i get my body kit and other mods completed, i will more than likely be interested. Accually, it would probibly be best to get this done while im getting my kit put on. I figure i'll forget about shaving my door handles and get this done instead. I will try to keep in contact with you, and i want you to know how serious i am about this mod. Thanks for your time.
    -Emerson Girardeau III.

you can wait for headlights to pop up on ebay. maybe someone has an extra pair from doing a jdm conversion.

i will contact "lopro" i know he did a jdm headlight conversion and might let his oem headlight go for cheap. check ebay too.

GREEN is the new BLACK

escoson
    astig doing this comes out to about the same as jdm heads im gonna contact you astig soon because when i put my cf hood on and my trunk (molded out of carbon fiber ) i think this will make a nice adidtion to them as well as the apr gc200 cf spoiler and apr cf mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG
    if you want yours done let email me so we can discuss the details. I've been thinking about offering my services, but I wasnt sure anyone will put down the $$$ for this mod.

Parts and other materials would run about $325-350. that doesnt include the headlight housing yet. then my labor fee of $200/pair. :shock: :shock:

let me know if any of you guys are interested. I will be on vacation in orlando from the 21st to the 27th of may. so I can start doing this in june. it'll take about a week to do this.
    Hey Astig is this just for JDM headlights or the OEM's? I wouldn't mind getting my OEM's done but if that's the price i guess i'll still be dreaming for projectors. :cry:
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

8ggalant

this is for the usdm headlights...

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    astig i already got a extra pair or headlights. the question i have for you if once you have them made will you make all the adjustments to make sure it's aligned correctly?? and also i would like to see the back of you headlights cause i wanted to know how you are keeping the condensation from going into the lights. also is there a port to give the inside some breathing room>>>???

there is a small hole at the bottom to let humidity inside and outside to equalize to prevent condensation. to date I have had no problems with condensation.

I will aim them on my car. then once you put it in your car you only need minor adjustments.

these are for usdm headlights, but I can probably do jdms too.

i have been thinking about doing tails too. what do you think of something like this?

the light modules are made by hella.

GREEN is the new BLACK

Black Magic
    very interested but yet very broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!