The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: KYB AGX blown already??

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Senior TGC Member

KYB AGX blown already??

My neighbor has Intrax springs with the KYB AGX all around, setting 4 up front and 2 in the rear. I was riding with him to our local Randall's (what many of you may know as the Safeway grocery company) and everytime we went over a speed bump with both front wheels the car would slam down after going over, while the rear remained composed when its turn came. Going over the bumps with only 1 wheel regardless of whether it was driver side or passenger side felt perfectly fine; it was the usual really firm ride, strangely enough. He's only had it installed for a week and a half and the OEM struts never did this, so he's worried. Is this normal? My car never did it, but I was on H&R springs.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Gilhuly
    It's the 4 setting in my opinion. It's gonna feel like your on blocks. He needs to take it down to 2 or 3. It's not bottoming, it's that the valving is so restrictive. It might feel different if you put a fat guy on the hood.

Experienced TGC Member
    Have him try a setting of 2 in the front Peter, should be good.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

In my opinion, you don't want the front settings stiffer than the rear. Either the same or softer is better for the front.

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    In my opinion, you don't want the front settings stiffer than the rear. Either the same or softer is better for the front.
    I set it on 3 up front 2 in rear when I had mine, because of the tuning work I did on a video game I called up several performance shops and they concurred, front heavy front wheel drive cars need stiffer fronts (that's why spring rates for front are stiffer than rear). Without knowing OEM stiffness I just made a guess when I did mine. I dunno the only reason why we thought the front was bottoming out I guess was because we heard what sounded kind of like scraping. I told him to set it on 2 and try it out for a while.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison