The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: problems.. Wrong part? or i am screw?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

problems.. Wrong part? or i am screw?

i got the clutch line from RRE for 2g and the slave and master cylinder are for 7g. what should i do? or if there is anyway to modify them to make it work?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The SS line you have is to go from the slave cylinder to the factory hard line. The line you want is the SS line that goes from your master to your slave. I dont think RRE sells that. SBR does, and Im sure a few others do too.
    7g for life!

so this is not the right part or do i need it too for 5 speed swap?

ps:
    do you mine give me a link to sbr for the master to slave line?
    i look in their site i could not find it for some reason.

This is what I used in my 7g:
    http://slowboyracing.com/product.php...6&cat=0&page=1

You can make it yourself for cheaper if you know what fittings you need and dont mind working with SS line.
    7g for life!

so the bottom line is
    wrong part

Well, its not technically the wrong part. You still can use it if:

a) You use the factory line from another 7g
    b) You make your own SS line to attach that line to(which really wouldnt be the best idea)

The reason they make the line that you bought, is that on a factory car, theres a rubber line that goes in between the slave and the hard line. The rubber line is inconsistent and bulges under pressure, thats why they make that SS line.
    7g for life!

so then this picture is really confusing, how many line do i need to get? and which one is the one that i have?
    Last edited by kamenfaiz; 05-24-2009 at 02:17 AM

You have 10+11 I believe. Your line repaces both of those stock lines. If you want to use the line you have, you need the factory hard line(7). Which unless you have a junkyard with a 5spd 7g, its probably cheaper just to get the master to slave SS line from SBR
    7g for life!

i c, i dont really need the line that i got to complete my swap, basically the sbr line will replace 10+11+7, skip the whole thing just go straight master to slave. understand now, thanks alot!
    no wonder sbr sell it for 75 and the line i got is only 20 buck!

Experienced TGC Member
    When i did my 5 speed swap my buddy came and ran a new steel line for me that he got at autozone for like 5 bucks. Then he gave me the short braided ss line like you have and it worked out perfectly. Id look into that if i were you. Youll just need one of those little pipe bender tools and youll be ok. Better than spending 70 bucks and its hidden pretty well.