The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help coilover install question ASAP

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    Black Magic

Help coilover install question ASAP

im installing my coilovers on my agxs and when i have everything on in the front the top spring perch is not tight up against the spring there is like an inch or so of space. will that be gone once i put it on my car?

plaese help thanks
    Ed

Black Magic
    help please!!!!!!!!!!

Yea I remember when I installed mine I noticed that to but when the car is palced back on the ground it'll sit nicely.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Black Magic
    thanks gizmo, i have one more question for everyone when i put the car down it seems the the bump stops go all the way down to the end of the strut.... i cut the bump stop i half already... should i raise the bump stop alittle or is it supposed to be like that?

Experienced TGC Member
    It's normal for the trimmed bump stop to sit atop the strut, it amy no longer rest on the rod. It really doesn't matter seeing that it will still do its job in that position.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

hope my install isn't this complicated

IllestGalant
    heh, i am going through the same thing right now. I don't even need a spring compressor to bolt the strut mount on to the strut. if i spin the adjuster all the way up their is still a big gap between the spring and the rubber mount. This worries me but I guess when the car is lowered it will be okay. The kit is supposed to be a 0-3" drop, I can spin the adjuster for the front about 5 inches because there is so many threads, i don't know where to put it to retain stock ride height???

yeah "ILL "- mine's the same plenty of gap in there when the car's jacked up, but like u said, it doesn't matter when it's on the ground...

IllestGalant
    anyone now how to measure where to set the adjuster to drop about 1 inch. It is hard to compensate for when there are so many threads and plus it squishes when setting the car down?

Experienced TGC Member
    There is no easy way I have found. You basically have to install them evenly,
    Then drop the car off the lifts.
    Then look at it and gauge the amount of space you need,
    Then raise it back up and adjust the perches the amount you desire.

That's one reason I am putting springs back on...
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Black Magic
    the install wasnt to difficult but im getting a clanking noise in the rear anybody know what i should do. any suggestions?

Black Magic
    can someone please help i have to get this fixed today before my class tonight. its my first class of the summer so didnt really want to skip it...

Xska55
    that clanking noise is just the coiloffsetting or resetting on the top plate,, its probaly happening when your going up a drive way sideways, well thats the case for me at least,, it used to get on my nerves cuz i thought somethin was wrong,, but ive taken my suspension apart som many times
    that i finally figured it out its probaly the same on your coilovers as mine i have skunk 2's but the sleeves in the rear never sit even on the spring perch cuz it kindof has that weird shape to it, it was ment for proper fitment with a regular spring so my sleeves sit a lil crooked,,, i even hear like a poping to place sound when i lower my car of the jack,, and as far as the gap thats how mine are im guessing that gap is compensated with the extremly tightly wound coil,, when i did mines i set them all in the spot on the ground first and put some hash marks to help count the number of turns on the sleeve but measuring tape is always best,,, ive also seen someone pull all 4 wheels off and sit theblocks under all 4 a-arms as the if the car was sitting on its wheels and measure off the floor to the fender,,,, hope this helps

Black Magic
    since then i have fixed the clanking noise thanks to some advice from Cali it was just a piece that i missed placed in the rears so now everything is good so far. knock on wood

Xska55
    what was the problem

Black Magic
    i missed place a rubber piece that went on top of the shock

Xska55
    the bump stop?

Black Magic
    not the bump stop it was a black rubber piece that i missplaced