The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Windshield washer nozzles dont work

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Windshield washer nozzles dont work

I have noticed in the past couple of days that when I would use the windshield washer the spray would come out a bit weak. It was like I was running low on fluid. I finally got around to adding fluid, but noticed it didn't take much to fill it up. Now when I try to use the windshield washer nozzles all I hear is the little pump sound, but no fluid comes out. The strange this is when the hood is up then the nozzles work just fine. When the hood is closed no spray comes out. Anyone else have this problem. I tried to check the hose, but can only get as far as the point when it goes into the hood.
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

check the end of your fluid resevoir and follow the pipe.. if not then drain out all the fluid and add red food coloring water or something that will really stand out from the tubes and see where it leads.. there might be a fold somewhere in the piping
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Thanks. I actually just found the problem. The hose had moved over time and was in a position that it was being pinched when the hood was closed. I popped it back into the little clip and straightened it out and everything works now.

good stuff
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I know what it is.. The hose gets pinched when you close the hood... Pop it back into the clip and your problem should be solved..

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    I know what it is.. The hose gets pinched when you close the hood... Pop it back into the clip and your problem should be solved..
    6 hours too late lol

haha! Thanks though.