The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Picture Request Please

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar

Picture Request Please

I am ordering my HID (heads and fogs) this week and im wondering where everyone mounted their ballasts for their fogs?!?! Any pictures or descriptions will help. Thanks guys.

Great idea lol.. I'm planning on throwing my OEM fogs back on just to get HID's on them 3000 though...i too require these pics :)

I put my ballasts right behind the headlights. There's a flat spot right in front of the front wheel well on both sides. On the passenger's side, you'll have to maneuver around the AC lines (my ballast was slim enough to fit under them). The driver's side will be easy if you have a short ram or cold air intake. If you have a stock intake, you'll need to wrangle the ballast underneath the gigantic box that sits in the front corner. There should be clearance underneath it, still.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, but I think you can figure it out if you take a look.

I've had the HIDs for a few months, and they don't get too dirty up there. I don't have HID fogs, so I'm not sure about where to put those. You might be able to mount them on the radiator/bumper support somewhere where they'll be protected by the bumper. I had to mount my hi/low beam controller there because it's the only place it would stay out of the way of the radiator and reach both headlights.

PM me if you need any help.
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    ^^Thats the same place I put mine. Best place so it doesnt get wet..
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

thats where i have my ballasts too but IDK where to put the fogs when i get them, thanks guys.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Try the underside of the same spot
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

don't listen to Ivory_G he doesn't know what he's talking about. lol jk but on the real he actually is right. so just try it out buddy. shoot some pics for us to see too.

will double sided tape hold it? Or should I make a mounting bracket?

my fog ballasts are mounted inside my crash bar, the ignitors hang out... u can see them in this pic:

the headlight ballasts (4x) are behind the headlights.

thats a genius idea, i never even thought of that. thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    thats a genius idea, i never even thought of that. thank you sir.
    x2. I have my bumper off, so I might rewire my hi/low controller there instead of under the bumper on the radiator support.

@showtime: If you do mount anything on the underside of the flat area behind the headlights, I would definitely bolt it through the metal. I have the ones on top stuck down with the double sided adhesive pad they came with, and I'm planning to screw them down now that I have the front end apart and a cordless drill at my disposal. Also, your HID ballasts might have hardpoints on them so you can screw them down. Mine have three points to pass small bolts through, so I don't have to fab my own mounting bracket.
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

thanks buddy.