The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WTF??? car continuously dies!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phyxsius)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(11B)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    i've adjusted the throttle body cable in the past, so no warranty anymore :?</div>
    You've gotta be kidding me...not even my dealership was that much of a prick. Mine was a little loose when I went in and they said I had adjusted it. Since there were no signs of wear on the screws on the plate they just accepted the fact that they jumped the gun. Course they got me on plenty other items...</div>

they havent told me that, i'm just assuming the worst

My dealership told me that my car was abused just by looking at it. Dealerships can kiss my A$$. :twisted:

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>My dealership told me that my car was abused just by looking at it. Â*Dealerships can kiss my A$$. :twisted:</div>

Oh yeah that's right...forgot all about that. Mitsubishi is even worse than when all of those M3 engines were dying and BMW kept denying that their amazing cars could possibly be flawed...but I'm proud of Toyota for attempting to appease the Sienna customers.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Tiptronic
    <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>okay, this is some bullshit :!: :!: </span>

i'm on my way to get my hair cut, and i had to stop for gas. i fill up, get ready to pull off, and the damn car wont crank. this thing was completely dead. no lights no nothing i'm sitting at the pump for like 30 minutes, and not one person had cables, me included :oops:

i finally get this f**ker to start, and its the same thing from the beginning. it wont stay started. this time though, the oil light keeps coming on. so i'm double footing it so it stays on. i get to the barber shop, and since thers an autozone next door, i get the alternator tested.

the guy said that its not as accurate while its in the car, but its close enough. the results:

Alternator checked out good
    Regulator: 14.12 Volts
    Peak Amps: 75.2

i get done with my haircut, and i barely get to the house, and damn if it didnt die completely again. no lights, no nothing.

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>WTF??????</span>

this is gonna sound really simple but how about just poking around the engine bay. it could be something as simple as a loose wire or something?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>this is gonna sound really simple but how about just poking around the engine bay. it could be something as simple as a loose wire or something?</div>

i did that the very first time. everything i know to check is nice and secure. i'm disgusted right now. its funny that you say that allan, cause my barber said the same thing. he was like you know when you take it to the dealer, theyre going to tell you something thats so simple. if thats going to be the case, why cant i figure it out

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(11B)</div><div class='quotemain'>why cant i figure it out</div>
    Because...it's...*argh*...a...*can't stop it*...MITSUBISHI!!! Damn...I thought I could control myself a bit better than that
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Faction
    if it was the battery, your car wouldn't be starting!

Tiptronic
    you know i went out this morning, and checked my oil before starting the car, and the level was right in the middle between the low and high hash marks. its weird though cause when i checked it the other day, it was closer to the high hash mark. and thats after sitting all night

Faction
    because its the engine is cold

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faction_03)</div><div class='quotemain'>because its the engine is cold</div>

i know that :!: what i'm saying is that both times i checked it with the engine cold taht way i could get a more accurate reading

Tiptronic
    it just dawned on me today. is there a possiblility that my intake filter is very dirty to point its not getting the proper amount of air. i am using the filter that came with my injen intake, and i've had it going on 8 months. just curious

Quote Originally Posted by 11B
    it just dawned on me today. is there a possiblility that my intake filter is very dirty to point its not getting the proper amount of air. i am using the filter that came with my injen intake, and i've had it going on 8 months. just curious
    That might be a possiablity but I doubt it. I had mine for over a year and I just cleaned it last week for the first time. The K&N filter that comes with the Injen is supposed to be fine for 50,000 miles. In fact right on the K&N recharge kit it said that you might want to leave it dirty because it helps it in some way.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Tiptronic
    okay,i take the car to the dealer this morning, and was told that the oil pressure sensor switch was bad, and that the idle air control motor was failing. both were replaced, and it ran me $550

they noted on the invoice that everything was reset to specs and the throttle chamber was cleaned. damn this stuff is expensive. we will monitor during the week, and see how she holds up. driving home, i could feel a little better response than before, so hopefully thats a wrap

damn $550, thats deep, yo - - hope that solved the problem for ya, homie
    Semper Fi'

ronin21
    I'm having the same problem and I'm pretty sure that I have to replace the idle air control or at least have it adjusted. do you remember if you had your air or defroster on during the times it would not stay on because it is only when those are on that mine dies.

Tiptronic
    i didnt have anything running. no air, no stereo, no lights. its all good now. bebt more than a few corners su=ince taking it to the shop. everything is good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12