The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: amp problems

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

amp problems

okay i have a kenwood amp, now the L.E.D light that comes on to show that its actually on starts to blink here n there when the music is on..now does that mean the ground for the amp has a bad connection or what? it also starts to make the subs cut in and out from it...any help would be a big help thanks in advance...

Check the power connections power/ground/remote, something might be loose. Also check the fuses.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    if when the light goes out the sound goes out there is either a loose connection or it's going into protection

how can u tell if the fuse in the amp is blown its not like the ones in the car it just has two prongs stickin out

you take the fuse out of the side of the amp and check to see if it is blown. do the same for the fuse in the power wire under the hood

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    most likely u have a bad connection i dont think is a fuse problem unless he using the wrong amp fuse it should be 20 amp but Ive seen 15 amps it should tell u right on the amp if not the manuel but ur problem looks like ur not getting a solid connection

-check ur fuse specs
    -check ur connections

Edit: or it can also be ur using thin wire to power up the amp and ground the amp
    03 I4

the fuse wattage that came with the amp is 40 i checked every frikkin wire n it looks good idk what the deal is

Quote Originally Posted by mitgalantes View Post
    the fuse wattage that came with the amp is 40 i checked every frikkin wire n it looks good idk what the deal is
    so there is 2x 20A fuses in the amp? what gauge power wire? when the light is off is there sound? put a multi-meter on the power and ground and then the remote and ground. if the power fluctuates when the light goes out then you found your problem.

no there is only one fuse the 1 fuse alone is 40 watts, i belive its like 10 gauge
    i'll try it tomorrow when there is light

and your amp is how many watts running on the 10ga wire?

640 i mean it could be more but i mean i have had this amp for like 4 years now n this is the first time its ever done this

amp could be going bad

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    no wrong wire bro ur over working ur amp so it heats up right away which then keeps turning off the amp u keep doing that and F up ur amp switch wires to and 8 Gage better yet make it 4 Gage that way when u upgrade later u don't worry about it

here's a way u can test if its the wire when u go to work tomorrow once u get there feel ur hot wire if its really hot then u need better wires
    03 I4