The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G Technical Specs Needed

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

7G Technical Specs Needed

I can't seem to find archives for this info. The only thing I can think of is to buy old sales brochures off eBay, but I can't possibly get one for each year to compare the slight variations and differences. I would prefer not to, but I may have to just take a trip up to Mitsu Corporate and look in their archives. I'm making an identical post in the 6G forum since I don't know how much guys look in either one.

This is all because I NEED to go road racing, and soon. I've been wanting to represent the world of Mitsu in SCCA Improved Touring (IT) for a while now. I've settled on racing a Galant. My only problem now is deciding which one. For cost and competiveness I'm going to run either a 6G 89-93 or 7G 94-98. For those of you who know anything about the SCCA, turbo's and AWD are banned from Club Racing. Not to mention Improved Touring is a fairly stock class in order to keep costs down. That means to engine swaps or stroker kits. I thought about Mirages, but they are underpowered despite their lighter weight. That's why I'm going with a Galant.

What I need to know are specs on these cars. I need to know for starters which generation to go with, 6G or 7G. At this point I'm leaning twards the 6G because of costs and the better high end potential of the DOHC 4G63 versus the SOHC 4G64. Next I need to know exactly what year and trim level to look for. Did one year have slightly higher compression? Bigger sway bars? Multi-link rear suspension? Rear disc brakes? Larger vented fronts? GS or GSR? ES or S?
    Jason V.
    [b]<span style='color:red'>EVOL-ART / Evolution Artisan Tuning</span>
    If you want to fight the power, get the power to fight!
    <span style='color:blue'>C53A '89 Plymouth Colt GT Turbo 4G61T
    E38A '90 Mitsubishi Galant GSX 4G63T
    E39A '91 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 1823/2000
    D27A '90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 4G63T</span>

Personally, either 6g or 7g is good, but the 7g looks better. Both the 4g63 and 4g64 can be build N/A to run fast and both engines can be swapped into either car, so it's ur choice there.

7g has more suspension upgrades like tokico and kyb adjustable gas struts, and eibach springs and camber kits and such. There's more after market support for the motor in the 4g63, but that doesn't mean you can't build a 4g64 to be as fast.

Try and find some custom weisco or je or other brand of pistons in a 10:1 or 12:1 range, use some race gas, get an archer or other brand header, and use an after market throttle body for maximum air flow. 325cc injectors from a n/a 3000gt/stealth and other mods should help add some hp. s-afc should help get you stoic across the board and you could probably get 275 or so hp at the wheels with those high compression pistons.