The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: small drop

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Girly95Galant

small drop

ok i just lowered my 95 with sprint springs with a 1.8 drop and its just not sitting as low as i thought it would. :cry: did i do something wrong or do i just need different springs?

escoson
    ive heard from various sources that springs need to "break in" in a sense. i mite be wrong but i think thats what the problem could be.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by escoson
    ive heard from various sources that springs need to "break in" in a sense. i mite be wrong but i think thats what the problem could be.
    This is true, but it's only maybe another 1/4 of an inch that they will settle. Uhm, realisticaly 1.8 isn't that much.. did you measure the stock height and then the after install height? That's really the only way to know for sure. My 7G is dropped 2 inches all around and I still can fit 4 fingers between the fender and the tire. When I had my coils it was slammed all the way they could go and only then was it LOW, but it rode like shit.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Girly95Galant
    yeah we measured it has dropped a little more than an inch its just kinda making me sad. my boyfriend has the same drop as me but on an accord and you can barely stick one finger between the tire and wheel well i figured it was because there different cars though. are there any other springs that you know of that give a good drop?

Experienced TGC Member
    What did you use? Intrax or Sprint?

My GoldLine springs dropped pretty good. If you want a drop you can live with you may want to divert your attention to coil overs. Just a suggestion..
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    My drop w/ Eibach Sport Lines

pretty sure they are sport lines. me and maz parked our cars next to each others and mine was noticeably lower. he has the eibach pro kit
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Springs will settle over a fairly short period of time but it wont be that much of a difference.

Doesnt the size of the wheels have somethin to do with this??
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

My drop w/ hp racing coilovers

My coilovers are all the way up too. I could drop another 3" if I didn't have my body kit. Obviously shit would rub, so I could take off the body kit, cut my fender wells on the top so that my wheels tuck in side my car like likes of hatchback civics do and stuff. I think it'd be cool to drive it with the car slammed another 3" without a kit.

Also, with the suspension the way I have it now, it rides good. It started out bad, but it feels really good now.

If you want to lower you car some more, heat your springs some, it won't be as nice of ride, but it'll be lower. The eibach sport lines provide the largest drop I think.