The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lower Temperature Thermostat

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Lower Temperature Thermostat

So, I got my hands on laser thermometer today and with the engine warmed to operating temperature, I clocked it at 209 deg and 85 deg outside temperature. Thats kind of lil high since our thermostats are set to 180 deg. I searched it and found out that usually Mitsubishi run 10 deg higher than the thermostat setting, so I should have clocked 190 - 195 deg at the most.

I made some calls and there was a thermostat set to 170 deg available, but I also read that there is one for 160 deg, only available for 1g and 2g. So, my question is if the 2g thermostat fits 7g housing?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

just run a OEM genuine Mitsubishi thermostat for the 7g sohc, OEM Mitsu radiator cap and make sure your coolant is nice and fresh.

No need to run anything cooler. When your coolant temp is outside the the standard operating range(cool or hot) it pulls timing, and you lose power

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

It pulls timing now tho. When its not that hot the car pulls very hard, and it gets hot i hear that knocking / like a ballbearing in a tin can/ coming from the engine
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    oh wow mko.... I kno exatly what you are talking about.... The same thing was happening to me. thats why i replaced mine hoping that was wat it was..... but like i told you last night i only had it on for 2 days. but what you are saying happened to me very often like every other day. Does the thermostat cause that??? I will sell you mine for like 5 bucks.... im not going to use it anytime soon. and with my turbo setup i am going to need the 170.. thats the last thing i want is for it to get hot!!!!! Pm me or call my cell and let me know. hell you could come down 2day and get it if you want.

just pull out the thermostat \wire the fans direct tapped into the posotive wire with a nicce bosh 30-60 amp relay to a switch n viola. runig hard as if it were cold all day. and temp still satays a lil under half enough for the ecu to stay out warm up mode saving u gas and outa super hott that it pulls timing.

i know exactly what u mean. n stay all day on 93 octane or better
    and run a fuel injetion service, tank, vacume asisted c foam and throttle body cleaning.
    grab ur mass flip it upside down invert the plastic plunger screw for more cubic air flow and 60mm throttle body on a 255 runing 50 psi fuel pressure n ull be taking nt v6 eclipses galants diamantes 5spd or not all day. lol