The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alternator question...

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    DJRINC18

Alternator question...

I have a digital voltmeter in my car. Lately I've noticed that during regular driving my car is only putting out like 13.4v or so. I was wondering if there are any larger alternators that would bolt up with little to no modifications. I thought I read somewhere that a Montero alternator fits, is that true? Any info I can get would be helpful.

stan6199

Re: Alternator question...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJRINC18)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a digital voltmeter in my car. Â*Lately I've noticed that during regular driving my car is only putting out like 13.4v or so. Â*I was wondering if there are any larger alternators that would bolt up with little to no modifications. Â*I thought I read somewhere that a Montero alternator fits, is that true? Â*Any info I can get would be helpful.</div>
    I think that voltage between 13v-15v is OK. Don't need to worry.

DSMOFNV
    The galant already has somewhat of a large alternator it is 95 amp. Mechman.com may have a 100-140 amp that would be a direct bolt on.
    You shouldnt need anything more than stock unless you have a system that is over 500 watts.

90 amp not 95
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley