The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear Drum to Disc Conversion - '99 DE

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Rear Drum to Disc Conversion - '99 DE

New Blog Posts!!! http://www.rebirthgarage.wordpress.com

Pics and basic info to make the swap. Everything is bolt-on, no fabrication needed! Feel free to hit me up.

Thanks

---P.S. ---- I know I didn't shout out Galant in the "Roll Call", but it's not because I don't feel you. There's also a link to TGC in the body of the latest post.

i've already wrote up a tutorial on the swap a LONG time ago....
    http://web.njit.edu/~dp55/Rear-disc-...-tutorial.html
    http://www.galantforums.com/phpbb/vi...hp?f=91&t=2656

depending on the donor car there IS fabrication needed for the E-brake line. mine was off a '99 V6. (and you use your own hubs, don't use the donor ones cause you experience vibrations while driving)

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Run - Thanks for the update. I've been out of the loop for a bit. I had my Galant a LONG time ago too. So now we're even. I still love Mitsubishi, think G's are awesome, and I plan to get another one. I'll surf through the info pages. Know anything fresh and new? Are they bringing back the VR-4 yet?

not too sure they're gonna bring the vr-4 to the States
    i've seen a few around, but maybe those people either modded their version to look like it, or the car was imported.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

Quote Originally Posted by run1206 View Post
    depending on the donor car there IS fabrication needed for the E-brake line. mine was off a '99 V6. (and you use your own hubs, don't use the donor ones cause you experience vibrations while driving)
    Which ones can you use without having to any fabrication?

not sure, some sets vary. the mods, not that hard to do. drill out the hole where the E-Brake cable goes in, that's it.

I'm about to do this mod to my 98 Eclipse this weekend. The rear disc came off of a 95 GS. I can't wait to get it installed. Going to be a busy weekend. Getting new rims and getting the rear disc installed.

well ofcourse.. you cant run on nice rims and drums lol