The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: P0300 & p0500

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

P0300 & p0500

2001 Gtz 120,000 miles
    P0500
    Vehicle speed sensor?
    Speedo and Odometer don't work should I just replace the speedsensor.
    I bought a new Cluster off Ebay tried to swap it out with no luck.
    What you guys think?

P0300
    Random Cylinder Misfire

Don't know where to start here
    Car has 120,000 miles
    I replaced the plugs at 60,000
    maybe coils,Wires

Did you by chance change the CD player? This sounds exactly like what happened to me, except my auto transmission would give out and my car wouldn't even accelerate. All because of a damn 2002 CD player I put in my 2001.

Everything was fixed after I put the old radio back in.
    Cylinder misfire might be the wires. Check to see if they are frayed anywhere.

I have had an Alpine in there since the car was about a month old.
    I have the original CD player I could throw it in. I will try anything. My wife now drives the car and I hear about it being broken daily

Well if it doesn't work the speed sensor isn't that hard to change. It sits right on top of the transmission box.

Yes, change the speed sensor to get rid of that code because has the speedometer and tach always not worked? Or did it just quit recently?
    The random misfire could be caused from anything to due with the ignition system, I would start with the cheaper stuff like changing the plugs and wires again. If that doesn't work, i would go towards the distributor cap, Rotor and possibly the distributor itself.
    Random misfires can also be caused by bad.lower grade gas. So have you ever had the codes cleared to see if they come back?
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

The speedo just quit a week ago

I have tried to find a speed sensor thru local parts stores and no one has them. Do I have to buy it thru the dealership ?

I did just throw some old gas from the boat in there not more than a week ago. Maybe that caused the random misfire??
    I will start with the plugs and wires and replace them cause it's about time anyway

I found out that thru my dealer. There are 3 sensors on the tranny.
    I believe I sould be looking at replacing the sensor that has a gear attached to it???
    I think that it's called the output speed sensor??

That's the one I had to replace. Output.

I am being told I should replace both the input and output. What you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by 2kblkgalant View Post
    I am being told I should replace both the input and output. What you guys think?
    If your hard up for money just do one at a time.

It's fixed :)

The wires to the output speed sensor look like they got hit by something so all 3 were cut in half. Then for some reason the battery died while I was splicing in new wires so I threw in a new battery and so far no CEL just a sloppy shift from 2nd to 3 rd and a low
    idle while in gear. hopefully it will learn to shift again and the idle will smooth out

I'm pretty sure that if you take out the battery for a while the computer resets. After a while it should pick up driving data and fix all that.

Quote Originally Posted by spardavr4 View Post
    After a while it should pick up driving data and fix all that.

True, don't worry about it, it will run right in just a bit.