The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car dies after 20-30 mins

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Car dies after 20-30 mins

Hi! last saturday, i drove my 7g in a constant speed of up to around 140-150km/h for about 15mins. then when i was about to park, the idling drops off then car the car dies but it still starts and i was able to go home still. I just stepped on the gas to have a higher rpm so that every time i need to stop the car wont die. the next day my car started and every thing seemed to be fine. but after 30mins of driving the problem starts again! i replaced my sparkplugs already but still, no change. help guys! thanks!

100km is about 60m/h
    so 140-150km is about 80m/h?

just to get this straight

could be a fuel pump, this happened to me about 4 months ago. like yours, the car would be fine for a while and then just shut off and lose all power, but it just kept getting worse and worse as time went on and it would get down to lasting only like 2 minutes.

TGC Regular
    Chjange your Fuel Filter

Maybe an IAC problem?

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

TGC Regular
    No its would make your idle puslate if it was th IAc but.. It could be tons of things. Vacum leak, Tps, TB leak, Fuel filter, Fuel pump, Fuel pump screen, Clogged PCV valve. Thats all i can think of right now.... I would check the simple things first. Like the fuel filter and then check for vacume leaks, The PCV valve, plugs, wires, Your plugs could be out of gap. Also look up the TPS specs on here and check it with a multi meter.

TGC Regular
    Also make sure that you arent over heating... Do you have any codes??? Maybe the knock sensor? I am not to sure what that would do if you had a knock.... WHat year is your G??

Skrap - Why do you think it would be the fuel filter? The car runs fine for a while at high speeds, then when he comes to a stop it bogs down.

does the car idle like crazy when you are at a stop??

TGC Regular
    Becasue when you are at high speed the fuel preasure is higher... When you are at idle you have minimum fuel presure. So if its clogged then the fuel will have a tougher time getting through inturn choking the motor.....

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    Becasue when you are at high speed the fuel preasure is higher... When you are at idle you have minimum fuel presure. So if its clogged then the fuel will have a tougher time getting through inturn choking the motor.....
    I kind of guessed that. What throws me off is that he had that problem, and then the next day the car was fine for 30 minutes. *shrug*

TGC Regular
    Well when you put presure on build up and junk it tends to break stuff loose. Then when he lets it sit all of the particles settle down...