The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird Brake Sound

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Weird Brake Sound

I drive a 95 7G VR JDM ed (manual trans, all disc brakes - stock)... i just noticed earlier when i slowly step on the brakes (slow braking) it makes a "toktoktok" sound when nearing full stop. sudden braking doesnt produce this sound however. i had the rotors refaced only once and that was around 2yrs ago... brake pads are about 2-3months old... need your help guys! do i need to change rotors already? or is this a different issue? TIA! cheers!

My car did the same thing.
    I changed the rotors and breaks and the problem was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Danger View Post
    My car did the same thing.
    I changed the rotors and breaks and the problem was gone.
    thanks for the reply man... u changed the rotors and brake pads u mean?

TGC Regular
    It could be your Wheel bearings also..... They could be going bad...
    JAck your car up and grap your tire with both hands and wiggle it back and forth a little ( with out turning the tire) Just move it left to right and see if there is any play. If there is you need to replace the wheel bearing ASAP becasue that is a very dangerous thing to drive on if its going....
    Last edited by skrap; 08-26-2009 at 09:09 AM

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    It could be your Wheel bearings also..... They could be going bad...
    JAck your car up and grap your tire with both hands and wiggle it back and forth a little ( with out turning the tire) Just move it left to right and see if there is any play. If there is you need to replace the wheel bearing ASAP becasue that is a very dangerous thing to drive on if its going....
    turning it left to right only tests tie rods.
    grab it by the top and bottom and wiggle it to check for wheel bearing play.

What condition are your drive axles in? Check all four

btw I need to see like a thousand pictures of your car. It looks HOT in your sig
    Last edited by DOHCstunr; 08-26-2009 at 09:58 AM

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    turning it left to right only tests tie rods.
    grab it by the top and bottom and wiggle it to check for wheel bearing play.

What condition are your drive axles in? Check all four

btw I need to see like a thousand pictures of your car. It looks HOT in your sig

thanks for the info guys.. i'll be sure to check all those you've mentioned this weekend and let you know the results...

@DOHCstunr: thanks man, i posted some pics of my ride on the Welcome New Member! thread... check it out. cheers!