The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ground wire for horsepower

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Ground wire for horsepower

:twisted: People has been saying that ground wires do give horsepower is that true show me proof they said up to 15 HP to crank :twisted:

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    in last months turbo magazine they did a dyno test w/ a certain ground wire kit(forgot which brand) and they got about 5hp and 8ftlbs more so +15hp is a bit far fetched. you will see less then what they tested on our galants unless you are running turbo or something like that
    7g for life!

Kain

Re: Ground wire for horsepower

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95vegasgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'> up to 15 HP </div>

That just means that's the highest they've ever gotten. Your results may vary. Yeah, you can upgrade the ground wires to get a stronger spark, better fuel burn, and slightly more hp, but remember you have 5-6 major ground wires to replace in the engine bay. The kits are too expensive, just get ground straps from your local autoparts store if you want to try it out. Get like 5 guage straps, that's more than enough grounding for your use.

xero260
    yeah i got them, and they work a little bit, but not anything too noticable...like maybe 2-3 horsepower and 4-5 ft-lbs of torque... nothing spectacular...definitely not a miracle... but they help and they look nice too

yea i read it in several times in turbo and import tuner... i tried it out and really did feel and improvement, but its not really all that maybe lyke a 2 or 3 hp, but hey it helps :twisted:
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Experienced TGC Member
    It will improve the system overall, your car will start easier, your autostarts will crank right away if they dont now, less strain on the system from your subboxes, minor hp increase but its nothing you will feel in the butt-o-meter and anyone who does is just talkin themselves into it =D

But if you got the wire and the time and nothin else to do...go for it.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon