The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spark Plugs...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrocks View Post
    What about other parts like the distributor cap/rotors etc?
    Would be a good idea if you are changing everything, but personally I didn't. I just changed the wires and plugs. The cap for the v6 is about $30 and the rotor is about $20, so not that much really, if you want to do it.

i am running pulstar platnium plugs in my 4cyl. i kno its not exactly recomended but figured i'd try it out. you can definatly notice the dif. in acceleration. ya they were a little over priced but i took them out and went back to the regular plugs for a week and you can easily notice the difference in acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant View Post
    Make sure your car is using NGK's. I was suprised (well not really) when i pulled out Champion plugs from my cylinders.
    It's funny you say this, because when I tore down my 6G74, it had Champion plugs in it too.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    It's funny you say this, because when I tore down my 6G74, it had Champion plugs in it too.
    I just did mine a few weeks ago and I had champion plugs too. I think they were the originals because they were completely burnt and I was surprised they still worked.

I replaced mine with NGK platinum and the acceleration is way better, although this may just be that my other plugs were so bad that any plugs would make a huge difference.

hhp8008
    Matched my NGK plugs with NGK wires :P

I love them

wow, how many threads are you going to bring back to life? all of them are about ngk plugs and posting the same thing. sorry to sound rude but its not cool (atleast to me) to just post the same thing over and over

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12