The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ok this is random and its late...

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

ok this is random and its late...

has anyone ever seen or done a 2g eclipse front clip conversion to a 7G?
    Would it even be possable?
    I'm talking hood fenders lights bumoer cover, engine bays look very close.....

MKO put the bumper on.... kind of

keep 2G body stuff on the 2G

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

ya I seen that it was his old one right?
    but iam talking like full front end conversion from the cowl forward

I dont think someone has done it. I wanted to do some different, but i started sinking money into it and I gave up. if you dont like your bumper and want to keep it stock then switch to 97-98 one or JDM one. There are 3 JDM and 1 USDM bumper styles to choose from. But just to give you heads up : you might be able to somehow fit the fenders and head lights, but I highly doubt it, but youll find out that the hood wont work cuz we have the T-bar, and 7g bumper is about 5-8 inches wider than the 2g cuz the 7g bumper sticks out a lot
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

The one oem 7G bumper I really like is the only one I have never come across for sale... the one on the european galants..

So, the galants have a wider stance the the eclipse 2g? and the t bar would come off with the hood if I thought it possable to do the conversion.. I think the hard part would be getting the fender to follow the doors... the 2g looks almost the same w/o fenders bumper or a hood so that is what brought up the Idea i guess

No its not wider. if you take a measuring tape and measure the length from end to end following the contour of the bumper and then compare it to the same measurement on the eclipse bumper, youll notice that difference. For JDM bumper - keep an eye on ebay, but be ready to drop around 450 for it
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

ya I know they need you first born.....But i think it would be worth it to have not only the first 94 galant in town but the best looking one to...

well if you consider doing a full rad support conversion w tie bars and everythig almost anything is possible. I know guy with an ek hatchback rsx front end converted...

ya that was the idea...make my 7g a "gst" 2g from the windsheld forward