The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finally pulled the trigger...

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Experienced TGC Member

Finally pulled the trigger...

Well I picked up a set of all four brembos from a guy on evom for 375 shipped. What all else am I going to need other then pads, rotors, and lines? I know I have to get the stuff for the rear disc swap but what else? Do I need anything like brackets or anything?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    you need the EVO caliper bolts to hold the calipers to the knuckle, the 8g one are different. You can either buy them from the dealer which is kinda expensive or just buy them from a good hardware store. I dont know the size or thread pitch off hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats it? Nothing else? I thought it was a little bit more then that but if not thats awesome!
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

spacers for your wheels too clear

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member
    Yea that was the other thing I was thinking of. Any good brands recommended?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I wouldnt do spacers, too many horror stories of wheels comin' off on the fwy. Just wait to put em on when u can switch to some wheels that have the correct offset
    for the brembos...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

well if your wheels are at +48 and you need a +38 to clear, just use a 10mm insert style spacer over the bolt on spacers. as long as you torque the lug nuts to spec it shouldnt come off. if you're that worried just use some extended studs.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    well if your wheels are at +48 and you need a +38 to clear, just use a 10mm insert style spacer over the bolt on spacers. as long as you torque the lug nuts to spec it shouldnt come off. if you're that worried just use some extended studs.
    extended studs are a must

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member
    Yea I was definitely planning on getting extended studs with the spacers. The wheels are a 42 offset but also has alot to do with the spoke design so I was thinking 10mm spacers would work

he should be alright with 10mm but no more than that. Technically, 8mm should be the max. but some of my buddies have ran 10mm spacers on stock studs with no issues.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    Im gonna run 10mm and still get extended studs just to be safe because of the way I drive lol

Experienced TGC Member
    Okie dokie the calipers are on their way. Yay. Perfect timing because my pads are down to the wear indicators as of tonight lol. Which lines do i need to get I'd prefer SS lines. Anyone have a link?

Experienced TGC Member
    durr x2 post

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    R1 Concepts has alot of great parts such as SS Lines, rotors, & pads. I'd check their oinline store to see. I just ordered some more parts from them the other day. Never had an issue.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)