The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Valve spring compressor

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    TGC Regular

Valve spring compressor

Alright so I just got my new valves and Mko had a valve spring compressor rigged with a socket to work for the dohc and I am working on my single. Now with the dohc it runs with coil packs but since mine has plugs and wires there are metal tubes comming up and it is getting in the way of the compressor so I cant get the spring retainers in... Does anyone know where I can get a specific one that would work for the sohc?? I went to pepboys along with auto zone and they had the universal one but I tried it out and it wont work either.... I just got off the phone with the mitsu dealer near me... The guy I was talking to said that they wouldnt carry that and he had no clue how I could get ahold of one... Some one please help me....

Experienced TGC Member
    Are you talking about the tubes that the spark plugs sit down in? Im pretty sure those pull out with a little bit of force.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

TGC Regular
    Yes I am talking about them but they didnt look like they pull out...

they shouldnt matter. Ill be there later I think. Im stuck in NJ.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    Thats beat... Yea ill show you what I mean... Im supposed to be doing a h/u for my sister this weekend.... Idk weither I am going to go get it tonight or tomarrrow...

Experienced TGC Member
    finding one is going to be damn near impossible. The easiest way to get the off is to set a pespi bottle cap or something soft under the valve you want to remove get a 18mm or so deep well socket on an extension with a little bit of a paper towel or rag or something stuffed inside of it and then smack it with a hammer then the retainers should pop out inside of the socket.. Installation is another story. This is what my friend uses when he messes with mine or his head.

http://ic2.pbase.com/v3/24/16624/1/5...ssorKD3087.jpg
    Last edited by Shadow19; 11-06-2009 at 08:20 PM

TGC Regular
    I got it to work. I bought the little one from sears... It was the same universal one that pepeboys had. I had to cut it some in order for it to work but I got all my valves in with the springs! Now its time to clean up the cam along with the rocker arms and squirters and then Put it back together!!!!!!