The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My oil light started comming on

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

My oil light started comming on

On my way home from work tonight about 2 blocks from my house I was sitting at a light and my oil light started flashing, the light turned green and I hit the gas and it went off, when I went to park the car, sitting in the spot b4 I shut it off I seen it start flashing on and off again. Also if I put it in park it dosent come on, put it back in drive and it started flashing on and off again, when I turned the steering wheel it was on bight as hell.. Checked the oil and it was fine but the end of the dip stick was not silver it is like a white color, but only the part that sits in the oil I dont know whats going on some one please hel also just had my oil changed abou 1000 mi ago.. Thanks.. Please Help Me.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

Tiptronic
    same thing with the latest on my situation. my oil light came on with the same symptoms. dont know whats wrong, but i'll be taking the car to the dealer first thing monday

I am going to go to change my oil and try synthetic instead of regular, I hope that will do something and save me from going to the dealer I hate the damm service dept at my Mitsubishi.

Tiptronic
    i'm running synthetic in my car now, so i wouldnt say thats the problem

provided you both have enough oil in the engine, your problems are both a failing oil pressure switch.

I am going to try it and see what happens, I just hate going to Mitsubishi they are such assholes at my service department, I cant stand them.

Tiptronic
    i have to say that after reading this, i went out and checked my oil level since its been sitting all night. my level was right in the middle between the low and high hash marks

Moil was fin, and I even went and had an oil change but still no luck , I guess I will have to go to Mitsubishi, let me know whats up with your car and I will keep you posted on mine.

as i said, you both have a failing oil pressure switch.

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>as i said, you both have a failing oil pressure switch.</div>

even with the symptoms i metioned in my post

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13110

in any case, i hope thats all. is the switch expensive

Tiptronic
    okay,i take the car to the dealer this morning, and was told that the oil pressure sensor switch was bad, and that the idle air control motor was failing. both were replaced, and it ran me $550

they noted on the invoice that everything was reset to specs and the throttle chamber was cleaned. damn this stuff is expensive. we will monitor during the week, and see how she holds up. driving home, i could feel a little better response than before, so hopefully thats a wrap

Your car wasent under warrenty? I am bringing my car on Tues. and see what is wrong with mine, hopefully warrenty still covers it.

Xska55
    yo rich im having the same problem as of today and it pissed me off somethin major cuz my ride is haveing a bud luck streak starting out with
    blowing both of my rear spring perches in the rear cuz i hit an avoidable huge bump on the I95 in conn.,,,maybe some of you know which one im
    talking about just b4 exit 11 southbound,,, I think the real reason behind that one was cuz i was moving my girl out of her apartment and i had a ton of stuff in the trunk and back seat,,,,that was a mess,,,also scratch two of my rims but very lightly turning into a tight alley in boston and now my oil light is starting with same problems you guys are haveing and it also feels like it lost a lil bit of power cuz of that light also,,, I know also my oil level is fine,,, the last thing i want to do is go to the dealer cuz i know they charge an arm and a leg plus my car is far from stock and for some reason they always seem to treat you with less respect and Im not the one to be taken shit without dishin it back,,,,,but any how let me know how it works out

I took my intake out b4 I went to the dealer I didnt wanna hear any shit. But they replaced my pressure switch and it was under warranty the invoic they gave me says, "open in switch, replace pressure switch" now the car runs fine and feels good. But Bryant put as much stock parts back on to your engine b4 you take it to the dealer, because I know my dealer treats me like I have SARS if I come in there and have aftermarket parts on.

Faction
    Quote Originally Posted by verywhite01
    I am going to try it and see what happens, I just hate going to Mitsubishi they are such assholes at my service department, I cant stand them.

i've noticed people complaining about how such assholes the people are, why hasnt manybrews said anything about it.........

Dont know but they suck. But my car is running fine now.

Gilhuly
    Manybrews is not responsible for dealerships that are poorly managed. What a strange comment. If you have some free time today go get on that Arab Israeli thing and get it fixed, OK?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gilhuly)</div><div class='quotemain'>Manybrews is not responsible for dealerships that are poorly managed. Â*What a strange comment. Â*If you have some free time today go get on that Arab Israeli thing and get it fixed, OK?</div>
    :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing:
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

My dealer is great, they dont care if we fix up our cars and go in for service. Thats one good thing about them.
    Love,
    Matt