The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interior lights? What do you think?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Interior lights? What do you think?

I know that there is a sticky post that says what the bulb size is. Thats not what i am asking. I have the blue tinted bulbs in my car now. Gotten bored of them and they really arent as bright as i would like. So, on with the question....

What setup do you guys run for your interior and/or what do you think is the best?

I am looking at redoing all of my interior and want to make sure i dont buy some crap. I figured if i could get some honest feedback about what are the best lights to get, then i wont be disappointed in the end. Thanks guys for your help.

-Nathan
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

led replacement ..

or you can keep THEM BLUE SHITZZ!

HAHAHA. No, actually, i was thinking of going with the LED, but i wasnt sure if there is a certain brand that is better than another. And where can i go to replace ALL of the lights? I seem to be having problems finding a place that has all of them.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    +1 on that. That's where i'm getting mine from. Going all Bright white replacement.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

i just ordered all blue replacements for my dash and a/c controls (gotta love them blue shitz)

I have two LED pods in my dome lights. it fits in prefectly. the pod i think it holds 18 leds, its hyper white. you know the blue white effect you get with leds. its bright i love it. i got it from autozone (hardtobelieveyes) payed like $15-$16 each. but its worth sayin i got it from a auto store.

Once i instead a third dome light for the back or the pillars map lights i plan on doing the same with it. then my rear will be as bright as my front.

Everybody loves how bright they are. yea most people tell me they also have the blue or the "wanna be" hype white bulbs and that they are not bright at all. if you wanna upgrade your lighting LED is the way to go.

i would take a picture, but it would come out looking blue.
    Last edited by silver01g; 08-17-2009 at 07:50 PM

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    My interior looks like daylight, lol. I have two circuit boards in the front dome light. One on each side with each board having 25 white LEDs. In the back, I have led strips that go across the top of the back window. Those are tied into the front lights so they go on when the dome light does.. I'll post up a pic later..

i got mine from autozone as well but im not sure on how to hook them up its in front of me right now like...hmmmm....lol

^ what exactly are you trying to hook up?

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Jeff can you post pics of your rear window set up, I really want to do it, since its so dark you could film a vampire movie in the back of the 8g

I replaced the domes with LED bulbs, blue ones, they're pretty awesome looking but not super bright. Ebay is amazing ;)

I have Blue LED for my dome light... and yeah its a nice touch in the car but last time I was looking for something from the glove box and dam was pretty hard to see... so I recomend u to go with white LED... BTW blue one looks more ricer than white one..!! =D
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    My interior looks like daylight, lol. I have two circuit boards in the front dome light. One on each side with each board having 25 white LEDs. In the back, I have led strips that go across the top of the back window. Those are tied into the front lights so they go on when the dome light does.. I'll post up a pic later..
    The leds going across the back window sounds like a gr8 upgrade. It never would have dawned on me to do this until i read this. Thanx!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    I have Blue LED for my dome light... and yeah its a nice touch in the car but last time I was looking for something from the glove box and dam was pretty hard to see... so I recomend u to go with white LED... BTW blue one looks more ricer than white one..!! =D
    SO basically, if you want functionality, and practicality, go white. If you wanna add some color to your interior, do a color lol.