The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlights. Foglights. Wipers. HELP!

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    DMCF1978

Headlights. Foglights. Wipers. HELP!

Problem started with melting harness from the factory. I replaced the factory harness but now my high beams don't work. My foglights work occassionally and sometimes my windshield wipers get stuck 'on'. The only way to stop the wipers or get the fog lights to work is to turn the ignition on and off repeatedly. I checked all fuses and they're all fine. Mitsubishi wants $2,000 to look into the problem and fix it. I don't know what else to do. Please help!

This is a wild ass-ed guess, 'cuz I've never seen those symptoms reported here. It sounds like you may have fried something in the steering column, since everything but the foglights is there. You may have melted wires further upstream from the headlight socket.

Also, are you sure you wired the new harnesses in correctly? Nothing against your ability, just have to ask the question...
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

RO
    :shock: WHOA! I have a question I also melted my harness my topic is MELTED HARNESS?!?!?!?!? I ordered my new ones from the dealer and should be in by wednesday. What is the propper way to install the new harness?

DAMN! 2G's sorry to hear that

DMCF1978
    I believe the head lights are wired correctly ... the wires were burned up badly... i dont know if i wasable to reach the furthest point of melted wire... does anyone know where they lead to and if so is it possible to rewire the headlights?