The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cruise

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

cruise

ok this isn't really a problem or atleast i don't think it is..... but everytime i start my car the cruise light is on.. how do i get rid of it? and also when ever i start my car the fuel guage goes all the way to empty and i just filled it up and then it randomly does that while i drive empty to full empty to full, is it the cold? cuz thats only the other time i have seen that done on my car is when its cold out, any wisdom here?

Do you turn off the cruise light once the car is started, and when you restart the car its back on?

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

^^ I think what he meant was, do you turn the cruise light off before you turn the car off, and it automatically comes back on when you turn the car back on?

correct everytime i start my car its on, and i turn it off, and then when i restart my car again its back on again, even thought i turned it off

About the cruise, that is a common problem. Press the on/off button twice, but on the second press, hold it until the Cruise light goes away. This usually works for me

I have this problem also and after doing a search its possible that it may be the clock spring in the steering wheel. This "clock spring" is a coil of wires that resembles a clock spring. It caries all the electrical signals going to and from the steering wheel control switches. There is a post on this forum that describes a similar problem including other issues with the horn sounding by itself and the airbag light (SRS) being lit. The person replaced the clock spring and all issues were gone.

It's not the clock spring its the Cruise ECU