The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: car vibrates a lot

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Icon4 car vibrates a lot

i had my water pump and timing belt replace last week. but i dont know if thats the reason is vibrating and when i stop on a red light it kinda feels like tha car wants to die on me same when i reverse or when im goin slow. my battery is kinda low but i dont think tha has anything to do with the car vibrating. has this happen to any of you guys?? .....i had kinda the same problem with my 7g a long time ago but i sold it so i never found out what wats causing it.

if your charging system isnt getting the right power to your engine it can cause it to stalll and vibrate. first i would check if its just your battery needs to be replaced or alternator and battery. fix the things you know are bad first then go from there

i hav the same problem after installing my amp and subs...whenever i put my car on park my car vibrates then die (sometimes)...my friend said its the battery..

-RON

i dont think is the battery anymore . i was gonna go to auto zone to see if it was the battery but my car wont start . me and my friend try to jump start the car but it wont start it wants to start but it doesnt . you think is the alternator or something more serious?
    Last edited by gunitandresb; 11-23-2009 at 04:33 PM

what is it doing when it tries to start? like what noises is it making?

it just makes the noise like the car is bout to start but it doesnt. i dont know if tha makes sense . it feels like is weak so i try to push the gas pedal and in like the 3 attempt it almost started i think it did for like 5sec and then when i let the gas pedal go it died.
    Last edited by gunitandresb; 11-24-2009 at 01:31 AM

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    this can also mean ur motor mounts are bad the battery has nothing to do with ur car vibrating at a light
    03 I4

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    there's also a chance they didn't put your timing belt in right. that's what happened to me

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

I would first have the battery tested, but whenever you unplug your battery, the car will usually shift hard and idle low around 500rpms +- 100, for usually the fist 50 miles or so. The reason is it resets the ECU and the car needs to compute your driving habits and other things. You will also notice when you are at a stop if the car is idleing low you will notice it slowly begin to correct itself reaching normal idle speed around 800rpm +-100. Also check your motor mounts. with the car in drive depress the brake and press the gas at the same time, is there any abnormal vibration or lurching? If so it could be a motor mount. Check the alternator as well to make sure it is working properly. Check your MAF sensor, when mine was dirty my car would idle at 400 up and down and radically shake the car, but i cleaned it and it fixed the problem, and sometimes if it is dirty or not working, you wont get a code immediatly, and your car might not start because the computer cant read the MAF sensor, it should come on anyways soon after if that was your problem. Check the TPS sensor as well, but you should get a code. Thats all i can think of i hope it helped!

TGC Regular
    Take your battery, alternator and starter to autozone and let them check them. Its free. As for your car vibrating that might be your motor/transmission mounts.

ok so i havent replace the battery i took it out and put it back and the car started but is blowing white smoke like ring smokes were comin out from the exhaust so i guess i know what tha means. i think i have a blown head gasket dam

Check that out man, deff signs of burning coolant!

yeah i dont know wha to do with this car . everytime i fix something something else goes wrong . im gonna go check it again . is it normal for the coolant reserve tank to bubble inside? if not then i guess it is the head gasket

No that is not normal! And i know how you feel! my car sat for 3 years and since then i replace/ fix something and another goes wrong, but im finally catching up!

my car vibrates too, it start after installin the new amp but it has never died on me

Dude you replaced the timing belt? Did you do it or have a shop do it? If you had a shop do it then they probably F*** it up. You say it vibrates after the belt was replaced? Thats because it was replcaed wrong most likely. I would bet that something was done wrong when the belt was replaced. Also when they did the belt did they do the crank position sensor also? They should have if they know what they are doing. As for the burning or the white smoke that could also be due to the belt being done wrong.

i had a mechanic to come to my house and do it . yeah it was vibrating but driving normal for the first week and i dont know wha happen but i guess my engine overheated and im pretty sure i have a blown head gasket coolant was coming out from the exhaust and white smoke so im f****d anyways but you think my car overheated because he didnt put the timing belt right? and no he didnt do the crank sensor
    Last edited by gunitandresb; 11-28-2009 at 02:33 PM

Bubbles in the water reserve tanks are for sure a sign of a busted head gasket. The exhaust-gases are pressed into the water-system, so the pressure will find the way to the reserve...
    Did they changed the pressure-roll (no idea what the english name) of the timing-belt? If not the belt could have too much loose, that would kill your engine...