The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: transmission stopped working.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    I'm waiting for my tranny to go so I can go manual.

so you're saying that it just went dead suddenly without signs or warning?

Experienced TGC Member
    I got 167 and still going strong on my AT and I beat the shit out of it lol
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by amdrocks View Post
    so you're saying that it just went dead suddenly without signs or warning?
    Yes, I drove it to the toll booth stopped for 30 seconds and started again. Got up to 60 mph and it lost drive. Mechanic called and said it was related to a spring by the pump that goes bad and causes it to not pump. They said total trans rebuild by another shop. I am having them look into a used tranny. Remove and replace of trans would be about $600.

damn.. that sucks.. i hope it works out for you

why dont you join me in the 5-speed club Keithert? lol
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    I got 167 and still going strong on my AT and I beat the shit out of it lol
    mine was like this up until I pulled it out.

I thought it broke a few months ago cuz the car got loud all of a sudden, but it turns out my exhaust rusted out and the trans worked fine. this wasnt obvious until I changed the exhaust and put a V6 TB on.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    why dont you join me in the 5-speed club Keithert? lol
    I've got a 6 speed in my Miata. The Galant is for when I don't want the hassle of a stick! The repair shop found a local company that will do a rebuild and give it a one year warranty for $1895. Not sure if I want to put that into the car. It's 9 years old now and has 112,000 miles.

unless you got the 2g's stuffed in a wall to drop on it i wouldn't, you could get a used tranny for a 3rd of that and have some friends help you put it in, besides geting the car far enophe off the ground to get the tranny off and out it's realy not that hard.
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

I searched on car-part.com for transmissions and saw a lot of 100k trannys for around $1000.

I decided to get mine fixed. I agonized over the decision because I would like to get something else, but the time is not right. Plus as is the car is virtualy worthless. I figure that if I sell the car in a year I'll at least get back what I put into the tranny repair plus I get to use the car for that amount of time.

I feel you my friend. My VW Passat had the tranny die on me a few weeks ago. $3K to fix so I bought a $2K galant instead to get me around quick. The VW is sitting in the parking lot waiting for funds to get it fixed or i'll just sell it as it is, got too many other problems anyway. I just hope I dont get double whammy with the galant, it has 115K miles already altho it drives really good.

I had my tranny fixed and it seems to be working well. It cost $1900 and came with a 2 year guarantee. The problem now is that I'm paranoid about something else going wrong with the car and having to put more money into it. It does seem to be running well though.

Quote Originally Posted by amdrocks View Post
    oh dear, u guys are scaring me now.. how many miles do you have on ur G? mine has 104000 miles and i m going for a roadtrip soon.. don't want any troubles man..
    130k miles around
    there was a cracking when going into reverse gear, im not sure if this is related though.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    noise like that, ya tranny is done

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12