The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine Codes for AIC EGR and DwnStrm O2 whats servicable ?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    briggs

Engine Codes for AIC EGR and DwnStrm O2 whats servicable ?

Had a failed smog earlier, decided to go through everything. I get periodic engine lights, so I decided to do a diag. Got codes for AIC, Down Stream O2 sensor and EGR. I know the EGR can be serviced (soak in ethanol or something) O2 sensor I can get a new one but I've never messed with the AIC is this a serviceable part.

Replace the upper 02 sensor and soak the EGR valve in acetone and then scrub it inside.

Usually the IAC is connected to the EGR, so wait until you take care for the rest of the stuff and then clear all codes. If it pops up again then its time for a new IAC. They are not cheap tho
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

briggs
    why the upper and not the lower ? seem to remember the code saying downstream 02 sensor.

yeah youre right its the rear o2 sensor. I dont know what i was thinking

theres a 2 dollar fix for it if you want to try. I did it back in the day and its been working w/o a problem ever since
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I wouldnt soak the EGR in acetone. The inner part of the EGR is rubber of some sort and acetone will eat away at that and you will need to replace it anyways. I'd say just get a new one. I pulled mine when I got an EGR code, cleaned it thoroughly and the CEL went off for only two days. If your EGR is bad...its bad. Just get a new one...

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"