The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: kyb agx settings???

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

kyb agx settings???

was wondering what everyone else has their shocks set on??
    and how is the ride?

I got mine on 2 in front and rear
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

whats the ride like and do u have on lowering springs?

I got the progress lowering springs.. The ride is much better.
    as far as the setting goes I really havent had the chance to play with much. I just got em last month. I hear most members have set this way or 1 in front and 2 in back

2001 Galant ES

im riding on 2 all around but after riding around like that for 2 months it gets tiring at times. (daily driver)
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

agx

hey i was thinkin putting them on 3 but i drive mountain roads which are not smooth some times, will i die on these? should i jst set them on 2? i want to have incredible turning

which is the softest and which is the stiffest?
    also this is gonna be a newbie question but what the hell
    where would each setting be best used

2001 Galant ES

Black Magic
    i got mine on 2 all around.. i think 1 is the softest and 4 is the stiffest

Experienced TGC Member
    Yes, 1 is the softest and in your case (8g) 4 is the stiffest.

I have mine on 3 in the front and 5 in the rear, the 7g's have 8 settings in the rear. I like mine stiff
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Senior TGC Member
    What I found to be best was 2 up front and 1 in the rear. 1 in the front is way too soft for a front heavy car. Stiffer up back will increase oversteer and push you towards a neutral handling car...if you can handle the ride.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    2 in the front and 8 in the rear, been like that for about a year now and I dont need to tell you how I corner on the road some of you have already seen how I get down. But the ride is nice and stiff on smooth roads but in NYC I guess you can say that i feel most of the cracks and crevises if the road aint paved right. :? But still love the way they feel

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

irishpunk
    I have mine set on 2 all the way around. For me thats the best for daily driving, stiff enough to play with, but not to hard to rattle me constantly. Autocross days are nearing so I'm gonna be messing with the set up on that, but I"m thinkin 3 fr and 4 rear or just 4 all around.

Ride isnt' bad at all on my car. 2 is slightly rougher than stock i noticed and 1 is almost stock as long as I don't hit too big of bumps.

Senior TGC Member
    Right now we have a LS V6 with H&R sport springs running 2 in the front and 1 in the rear. It keeps things balanced with the spring rate that way. It rides firm but it's cushy. Because of the stiffer front the car still understeers rather than handling neutral but it's a good balance I think. We set it on 4 in front and 4 in the rear for kicks once...and kick it did. Don't do that
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison