The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Painting Rims

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Painting Rims

I'm presently tight on budget and I'm thinking of painting my old rims. They are aftermarket 17's and I am thinking of painting them flat black. How can I do about prepping them? Your input will be much appreciated.

Calipso
    Are you going to be doing this yourself or getting it professionally done?

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    Are you going to be doing this yourself or getting it professionally done?
    I'm thinking of doing it myself. I just need to know what I need to do to prepare my rims for painting. I am thinking about using black spray paint that is heat-resistant. Thank you for your input, guys.

Calipso
    Not many people answered to this thread. Weird. Um, I'd ask some of the guys who've done their own painted on their rotors and stuff. They might have some knowledge for you.

I'm just hoping someone from the site has some knowledge about the matter. Since I have my new white rims in 18s, I usually use my 17s for long travels, also just want a different look for my car without spending much. Thanks for your reply , man.

Calipso
    I see your white rims in your avatar. Those are freakin' nice. How much, what brand, and where did ya get them? I've been lookin for some good white rims for a while but haven't found anything I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    I see your white rims in your avatar. Those are freakin' nice. How much, what brand, and where did ya get them? I've been lookin for some good white rims for a while but haven't found anything I like.
    Those are Zeo BZ12, got them from WheelMax.com some time ago for $1500 with tires already. They are the same rims DangerDanJ has but he has the dark ones. Kinda funny, we're the only two posting replies on this subject. I really hope somebody who knows how to do a good prep job on rims gives me some input.