The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Folding Rear Seats?

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Folding Rear Seats?

I was looking through ThaShiZnitH's car pics. Look's as if his rear seat can come down, opening the trunk.

Is this true? Mine can't.

I really wish my sub was in place of my middle rear seat.

72,500 miles as of 3/30/11

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    theres a small part of the passenger rear seat that folds down. thats all i got in my car

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

a small part of the right side of the seat folds down like E_Emerson88 said. in all models but I believe the DE
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I would have the DE.... damn life can be a b**ch. :(

I need more bass.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    why don't you get the flat subs people put in their trucks and put them under your seat. I've seen it done before lol. i think you should feel it then

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

With my 600W MAX, 200W RMS 4 OHM MTX Thunder 5500 Ported, I can feel my front seats vibrate a little, rear seat feel like a massage and my rear view mirror will be impossible to use at times.

I guess it would be nice to get more audio inside the car, rather than hiding in the trunk.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Also, his is EDM spec..

blue8g
    just take out your rear seats............

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Colton5419 View Post
    With my 600W MAX, 200W RMS 4 OHM MTX Thunder 5500 Ported, I can feel my front seats vibrate a little, rear seat feel like a massage and my rear view mirror will be impossible to use at times.

I guess it would be nice to get more audio inside the car, rather than hiding in the trunk.
    If your trying to go for thump/rattle loud then you need another setup. 2 12's or 1 14' cause it doesnt sound like you want the quality but more of a boom. The lows are suppose to be hiding not in your face like highs IMO.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

^^ I agree I run 2 10' mismatched 1 explode and 1 rockford fosgate. I run them mismatched because the different cone shapes make different tones and I only run a 500w amp between the 2 of them

EDM spec the whole back seat folds, either half or the whole lot.

honestly, folding open my rear seat doesn't add that much more bass... you need better subs and more power... i'm running 2x MTX 12" 9500's and 1000WRMS digital monoblock (MTX 1501D) to them, i really don't want as much bass as i have and have had to turn the gain way down.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    i used to run 2 kicker cvr's running off a kicker zx1500.1 amp (have been trying to sell this setup for months now), and that hit really hard. now i have a single infinity kappa 12" being ran off a kappa 5ch

I despise the RATTLE, I like the bass in which I can feel my hair move, higher db,

Right now I can feel my seat vibrating and my hair move a bit. Kinda sweet.

what would be needed to get a DE to get the seats to fold down?

just the actual rear seats or is it something to do with the actual car...like in the truck?

cause if so id like to buy the seats and but them in my car.

well the easy choice is to go to a junk (salvage) yard and get the back seat off a es or gtz (cloth) i guess you interior colors are the same
    get more power

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    who needs and engine swap when you can do a rear seat swap !

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    honestly, folding open my rear seat doesn't add that much more bass... you need better subs and more power... i'm running 2x MTX 12" 9500's and 1000WRMS digital monoblock (MTX 1501D) to them, i really don't want as much bass as i have and have had to turn the gain way down.
    When i fold my rear seat open, the bass increases dramaticly. The bass hits so much harder and even sounds better (to me). I enjoy setting off car alarms, But im sure its different with everyones setup. Im running 2 12`s - Alpine Type R, vented box. A 3000watt VA audio amp (old amp from previous vehicle).

I despise the RATTLE, I like the bass in which I can feel my hair move, higher db,

Right now I can feel my seat vibrating and my hair move a bit. Kinda sweet.
    You need dyna-mat or liquid e-dead to help stop the rattle. Also make sure all your door panels and interior trim are tight. Want to feel you hair move? Like reelax said you will need a stronger setup, make sure you upgrade your battery, and get quality wiring.