The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Options To Keep Trunk Open

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    My99GTZ

Options To Keep Trunk Open

Okay just curious as to those of you have had to pull your torsion bars out of your trunk what kind of set up you have to keep the trunk open... right now I got a pole lol... lookin for something alot better.... I've heard of people doing a gas shock type setup.. is there a tutorial or anything around? Anyone got ideas, suggestions or anything.....

Faction
    usually people just bend it to however far they need it

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    the only person that has changed it totally what the tweeter galant he put acutator arms to hold it up. other then that i havent heard of anyone using gas shocks i been trying to find a way on hooking up a gas shock in there but i have not been so lucky.

my neck, my back, the back of my head have been the things keeping my trunk lid open, and i still have my torsion bars. but they'll be gone soon. i've been looking at the gas shocks and where they'd fit. so have im thinking i'd have to make a custom bracket that bolts to like the underside of the rear shelf and that would be connected to the swinging arm. i haven't looked into in deph but thats my idea

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

cdaw2001ES
    Wow - somethin must be screwy with yours. I added a big old trunk pop solenoid , w/ associated wires, and mine still stays up no problem. (once you get it past 1/3 way)
    I'm assuming you'd remove the bar - to fit an ill designed speaker cab???. or... why else would you do it?

no he has the bar, but has an wing on the roof. if you have the regular torsion bar any extra little weight will make it come down hard. i have the GTZ wing on my car but i had to purchase the heavy duty torsion bar to keep it up.

I customed my rear lid so the speakers sit on the rear lid, screwed them to the rear lid gonna put bolts on the ends of the screws so they dont come out and now have mucho room between the speakers and the torsion bars.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

Rich, you mean you top mounted your rear 6x9?