The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shift boot install

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    escoson

shift boot install

ok i purchased a ichibahn shift boot and i want to put it on the galant. i just needto know how to get that "molding" off around the shift are. the molding im talking about is rite by the . in .com in the pic below. does it just pop off or do i have to unscrew something? all replies are appreciated.

first time i did it, i wrapped a flat head screwdriver with a towel and pried it out.

from then after i got smart and do it tool less. if u go to the part of the bezel closest to the front of the car. go a lil forward and u'll be at the part where the ash tray and your lighter is. and yea push down on the middle and u can get ur fingers a lil under the bezel and it will pop out. then just carefully work your way around til its out

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

escoson
    thanks pinoy, im gonna go do that now.

escoson
    when i pushed down in the middle i pushed it under that little notch. i got it off but cracked the top. i called my dads friend who is familiar with mitsu parts and he told me he would get me the new bezel piece for $10.00 i dont really mind that i broke it since its not a big deal and it also looks really good IMO.

unscrew it from inside the center armrest than you can pull up the whole center than pop out those pieces. when you pull it up you will see what I mean.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    are these boots universal? that thing looks sweet! i want one for my 7g. did you get it from autotoys.com?
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth
    are these boots universal? that thing looks sweet! i want one for my 7g. did you get it from autotoys.com?
    That's not a picture of an ichiban. That's a picture of the Ractive kit, and yea they have it at auto toys.

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

i ordered mine of Autotoys and should be gettin it this week... near friday... with hipping it costs 29.95 looks like u got the silver kit~
    Diego

99GalantOn18s

my 2 cents

wussup? i got the ichibahn automatic shifter and was lookin at buyin the boot... but then i realized my 8g isn't like my old 7g, meaning i cant see what gear i'm in from the gauges i have to look down in the middle console... basically i wont know where i am if i put the boot on...

Re: my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by 99GalantOn18s
    wussup? i got the ichibahn automatic shifter and was lookin at buyin the boot... but then i realized my 8g isn't like my old 7g, meaning i cant see what gear i'm in from the gauges i have to look down in the middle console... basically i wont know where i am if i put the boot on...
    that is true. once tink that i learned. is that if you still got the shift lock in your car. that from drive, you can bounce back and forth to neutral without pushing the button. so if u wanna go into drive, push the button down. move the lever down. and then back up all the way to neutral and then just knock it back down into drive.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

galant762000

Shift Boot

I did mine for my 8th Gen and yes you are right its hard to but it in gear but give it a few days and you will know you gear positions without you even looking.Also the one thing that was a problem...is that if your going to a straight shifter instead of the side one that comes stock....is that you have to position the shifter just right because of the locking of your key in theignition has to be just right so when you depress the shifter you key can be released from the iginition..Good luck

99GalantOn18s

my shifter

my ichibahn shifter has the button on top and when i took my stock knob off there was this piece of slanted plastic that i had to cut off to allow me to push the button and hold the knob inplace