The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tranny to manual from auto

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    ncgcwired

Tranny to manual from auto

i have a 97 galant es and i was wanting to know if there was a way to pull my auto and have a manual put in. if so where to get tranny and where to run linkage and clutch pedal. and how much pain in my asre factor is it

You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    while on topic, will the 2g pedals work or do we have to find galant 5spd pedals?
    7g for life!

2g pedals work, along with the linkage, and shifter

ncgcwired
    2g? 2nd generation galant parts

Quote Originally Posted by ncgcwired
    2g? 2nd generation galant parts
    2nd generation Eclipse parts thats 95's to 99. Not Galants
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

ncgcwired
    ok some one was saying that eclipse parts would work but i was not sure what year thanx

turbo tranny only...trannies off of nt eclipses will not work
    7g for life!

showtyme

re: swap

how much should this swap cost with parts?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>turbo tranny only...trannies off of nt eclipses will not work</div>

Why wont the NT eclipse trannies work?
    blah blah blah

nt engines on the 2g were 420a chrysler engines
    7g for life!

DSMOFNV
    To do this swap do you need the axles for the eclipes or will the galants axles work

galant axles

DSMOFNV
    So the axles for the auto will work on the 5 speed that is put in.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>Hey i was looking into the pricing for the trannies. Found a place online that sold both turbo and Nt trannies. It specified, but i thought there wasn't a difference. When you look at the price there's a difference from $391 being the most for a NT tranny to $1200 for a Turbo trannybut this was for a 94 or earlier eclipse. Then i looked it up for a 95 or later eclipse, the prices start at 900 and go to 1400.

A few questions
    1. Does it matter what year transmission i get, if i'm planning to do an engine swap to 4g63t. Some say that it's better to get a engine from 92 and before. but will this engine work with a later tranny from 95 to 99 or all the trannies the same from 90 to 99.
    2. Does it have to be T tran for 4g63t, or will the NT work. I know some companies ask, just so they can stick you with a higher price.
    3. I don't have the money to do both engine and tranny. But i think my engine will last longer than my tranny. If i have to get a T tran for the 4g63t, will that tran work on my galant engine i have right now till later.

I'm looking to do this tran swap this summer, so some definte answeres would be appreciated.
    </span>

I am also wondering about the manual tranny swap. I'm new to galants but Im not new to DSMs. Can someone that has done this swap themselves please pm me or hit me up on aol or yahoo= AWDsuperstar
    I have a few questions.

thanks
    You can keep your looks, I'll keep my speed

7g for life!