The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Taking off from a stop my engine makes a sound

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    2003g

Taking off from a stop my engine makes a sound

When I press the gas pedal from a stop I hear a noise in the engine, almost sounds like a vacuum or something. It did it when I bought the car off the showroom floor. Since mile 1. I have 14,000 on it now. Still does it, anyone heard of this before? anything similar or any suggestions?

And one more question. Does that throttle body adjustment really work, or do anything good?

Let me know,

Airbus A320
    I was told that the sound is air rushing into the intake. I dont know if this is true but its wat I was told by a few people. As for the Throttle cable thing I would not do it. I was told by many Mitsu people that it is not good to mess with it and some members who regreted doing it and I feel the same way. I took my car back to the dealer so they could re set it.

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Airbus A320)</div><div class='quotemain'>As for the Throttle cable thing I would not do it. I was told by many Mitsu people that it is not good to mess with it and some members who regreted doing it and I feel the same way. I took my car back Â*to the dealer so they could re set it.</div>

THROTTLE CABLE MOD

the only reason a member would regret it, is if he/she pulled it TOO far. this would create a tremendous pull on the engine when it is just idling. this would also bring your MPG in city, maybe even highway, way down because of the same reason. It would feel like you had your foot on the gas and brake at the same time if you were at a stoplight. The way you are supposed to do it is to pull it just enough to take the slack out without raising the RPM's.(you may need someone in the car to watch the gauge, or if you have a good ear, you can judge it that way) The actual reason for doing this is to quicken the response of the accelerator. It doesnt give you more horsepower. Raising them between 100-300 RPM's is not going to really effect the car at all. Raising it 1000-2000 RPM's, or pulling it all the way tight is really bad and you will feel it. I have not heard one person say they regreted it

Hopefully this gives you some insight to the positive aspects of this mod.

...U N D E A D...

Senior TGC Member
    My dealership actually sets it a little past just tight...the TB is open very slightly.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

for those who didn't know. the service manual calls the throttle cable the accelerator cable.

as for how tight to tighten the cable. the service manual suggests 1-2mm in slack.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.