The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front bumper

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Airbus A320

Front bumper

I just bought a 2001 Front bumper cover. Its states that it has been primed and is CAPA. I dont know what the CAPA thing means but my question is did I get ripped off? I paid $217.00, thats including shipping. Does anyone know if I could have gotten a better price on a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant primed front bumper cover?

luxcrusr2000
    I remember seeing something about CAPA in Consumer reports, but I forgot a lot of what the article said. I do remember reading that having that sticker on there is a good thing, some sort of certification. It is an aftermarket bumper, though. The price doesn't seem too far off, though.

Airbus A320
    Damn Lux you on point with the info. Thanks man!

Senior TGC Member
    I think Car Parts Wholesale has it for 176 but I dunno if that includes shipping and priming...200ish sounds close to OEM though.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Airbus A320
    Yeah My bumper was $136 primed, but the shipping got me. Close to $100 for shipping.

Senior TGC Member
    Ouch...shoot might as well buy it from West Broad Mitsubishi or someone like that and pay 20 bucks for shipping...you get OEM at probably the same price :?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Airbus A320
    Nah the dealerships I asked wanted about $300 for the OEM bumper. I hate when I have to deal with the Mitsu dealer!

Airbus A320
    Damn I just called another dealer and they want $505 for the bumper and painting. I only paid $200 for the bumper and $150 for the paint. Now I dont feel so bad. :?

Senior TGC Member
    Hehehe I already know the quote...I was thinking about fixing the bumper and hood back in...I dunno sometime last year and they wanted 1300 for the whole thing.

Airbus A320
    See now thats a damn shame.