The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: KYB AGX @ CoxImport.com for 410?!!? (too high)

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    bboyck

KYB AGX @ CoxImport.com for 410?!!? (too high)

Here's my situation. I still go the Eibach Pro Kit in Mante's GB, although I have an I4, because I heard all the good things about them.

They're supposedly good on stock struts, but I would rather not have to deal with blown shocks/struts on my car, and horror stories about "oil everywhere." I mean, I'd like to think I drive pretty safe, but everyone every once in a while has to brake hard to say, avoid rear-ending someone...

So I looked into getting GR2s, which people say are about the same as stock shocks/struts. I again, don't need that. I'm just rather cheap...

So then I buckled and agreed to get KYB AGX's, since I've heard nothing but good things about them... just that they're expensive. How expensive are those suckers? I hear 360 and 345 shipped being tossed around... but this site says that they're 410... which is horribly frightening.

The discount is supposed to be for 15 bucks... but 15 off of 410!?!?

Please heeeelp!

Experienced TGC Member
    What is so bad about the GR-2's ???

I had them with the Eibach springs back in the day and the ride was excellent. Whoever is telling you that they are just like stock is full of it, they are stronger and stiffer than OEM struts, plus they have the dual chamber setup for extended life. They may be inexpensive, but they are in no way cheap...

I just installed the GR-2's and Eibach Sport line springs on my buddy's Talon and the damn thing rides like a Bimmer
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

GalantSS
    Hey man, go to club 3g and look under groupbuys there is a great company selling KYB AGX for 325 shipped. If you email Jessica at [email protected], I'm sure she can hook you up. She is also offering the prokit with AGX for like 540. I just got my AGX's today, from the first GB. Great company to do business with.

bboyck
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>What is so bad about the GR-2's ???

I had them with the Eibach springs back in the day and the ride was excellent. Whoever is telling you that they are just like stock is full of it, they are stronger and stiffer than OEM struts, plus they have the dual chamber setup for extended life. They may be inexpensive, but they are in no way cheap...

I just installed the GR-2's and Eibach Sport line springs on my buddy's Talon and the damn thing rides like a Bimmer Â*</div>

Hmmm... a Bimmer eh? In that case... I suppose I should look at tirerack.com at the 3g Eclipse application? That's a good bet?

Experienced TGC Member
    Tirerack has competitive prices and A+ customer service. :thumbsup:

Their wheels blow ass though..
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantSS)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey man, go to club 3g and look under groupbuys there is a great company selling KYB AGX for 325 shipped. If you email Jessica at [email protected], I'm sure she can hook you up. She is also offering the prokit with AGX for like 540. I just got my AGX's today, from the first GB. Great company to do business with.</div>

Damn that's a good price...
    that's better then the 340 shipped through the club 3g group buy with irotors.com that was going on a few months back
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

bboyck
    Since I just realised that <span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>they don't make a KYB GR2 set for the 8g </span><span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>(except struts)</span>, I need to get KYB AGX's... best quality and affordability (believe it or not)...

So I'm contacting about this group buy... Thanks for the tip GalantSS!

bam462
    i agree tirerack has shitiest selection of wheels i get my buddys wholesale prices and still have hard time pickin sumthin out guess ill just have to stick with the ones i got for now